Help stuck in pwned DFU mode

starstylers67

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an iphone 4 that I was trying to restore (4.3.3) without updating to 4.3.5, so I did all the steps like deleting the apple lines from the host files and finally as a last step I used Tinyumbrella to restore.

Everything was going fine then I got an error, and the solution seemed to be to try it again by having the phone in DFU mode. I used a program called iReb to put it in DFU mode and tried it again and this time I kept getting error 1601.

However I cannot get the phone out of the DFU mode. Can anyone help me? Its been about 2 days that I have been trying to fix it with no solution

starstylers67

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
tinyumbrella says in the logs that the dfu device is connected, however the only option I see is fixrecovery option and that does nothing

I also downloaded fixrecovery from tinyumbrella website, and that didnt work either. all the stuff ran but at the end it was still in dfu mode.

robes1

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Do a hat reset. I'm guessing you've already tried that though. If you have then the only option may be to restore and update through iTunes which may leave you on 5.0. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
1601 make sure all your options in tu are checked to make sure it's acting like the apple server and that are blobs are there and then Try to shift restore 4.3.3

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

starstylers67

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Do a hat reset. I'm guessing you've already tried that though. If you have then the only option may be to restore and update through iTunes which may leave you on 5.0. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

at this point i wouldnt even care if it upgrades to 5.0 cuz there will prob be an untethered for it soon, but i dont even think I can do that. When i do the normal apple restore i get error 3194

alupo790

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i was updating yesterday and got the 3194 error, go into tiny umbrella and uncheck the "set hosts to cydia on exit" then try to upgrade again, worked for me