IntelliScreenX (beta) is out! get it kids!

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else notice there battery drain a little faster since installing ISX? I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure that I don't have another issue.

Bob

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
anyone find the setting for "top nshelf" i can't find it

Settings > Notificatons look at the bottom. should be named ISX QuickSettings

Anyone else notice there battery drain a little faster since installing ISX? I'm not complaining, I just want to make sure that I don't have another issue.

Bob

after spending the day with it i have noticed a drain. not too horrible, but it exists. i'm not going to worry too much since its still in the beta stages. i did, however, get rid of RSS and it has improved

there has been an update recently as well..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure you need statusbar icons at all. If I'm using the phone, important things will come by as strokes, if I'm away from the phone I see everything on lock screen. Plus there is badge count .. I agree with Blink, it is a lot info already .. might even switch off something like badge count to not get stressed by all those notifications :p

i am kind of thinking of turning off badges myself. if my OCD will allow it

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
one thing i have noticed too, as with other situations, using 3G seems to take more of a toll. this lets me know that possibly its not software itself, just options/settings need to be configured better?

also, they are still avoiding the questions about biteSMS. consensus seems to be possibly be their own version: Messages+? anyone heard of this?

Enrico2828

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
Settings > Notificatons look at the bottom. should be named ISX QuickSettings

after spending the day with it i have noticed a drain. not too horrible, but it exists. i'm not going to worry too much since its still in the beta stages. i did, however, get rid of RSS and it has improved

there has been an update recently as well..

No scientific research, but my battery life was just fine yesterday. Played a lot with the phone during the day, still like 30% left in the evening. That is what I usually end up with at the end of the day.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
No scientific research, but my battery life was just fine yesterday. Played a lot with the phone during the day, still like 30% left in the evening. That is what I usually end up with at the end of the day.

in the jailbreak world; to keep myself from going crazy i too have also adopted the theory of if i have "X" amount of battery left by the evening, then i am good! i try not to worry about the in between haha

in all fairness, i was messing with my phone a little more often than usual too :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
@Blink Hey, how does it work with a passcode? Do you have to enter in passcode before you can use it on the lock screen? Or does it bypass the passcode? Thx in advance!

looks like, currently, there may be an issue with passcode. here's what Intelliborn mentioned on Twitter:

Do you have a passcode turned on? This is a bug - it's just not launching after unlocking (u can try w/o passcode for now :)
10/30/11 5:24am

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.0.14 and biteSMS info?

a new update was released a couple of hours ago:

1.0.14 IntelliScreenX - Fixes issues with alerts on lockscreen which hide ISX

so refresh your changes in Cydia

finally, a little bit of info regarding biteSMS? here is what was mentioned on their Twitter:

@intellibornco awesome job with ISX! Will there be support for biteSMS by any chance? Have you thought of webUI for twitter/Facebook links?

@calboy_ We're looking at other SMS app integration - yes. Also, re webui - we've decided no for battery/performance reasons. We like lean!

i truly believe once this is a reality their sales will increase

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i do not know about anyone else but i am doing tethered reboots after every update. no, it is not required but i am doing it for good measure

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
i do not know about anyone else but i am doing tethered reboots after every update. no, it is not required but i am doing it for good measure

Thanks for keeping us up to date about all the things great about intelliscreenx....but I have a question what are they talking about when they talk about bitesms integration? Also this is probably one of the best reasons to jb ios5

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
biteSMS integration would be the ability to reply through ISX by using bites quick reply, not the default system (Apple) just like LockInfo does. well, you get the option. quick compose within ISX would be nice too. basically anything and everything to do with SMS could be done within ISX's UI but only using biteSMS

i guess in a way i do not blame them for not messing with biteSMS integration, right now. that is still in it's own beta stage(s)! maybe waiting until that is up & going on iOS 5 is a better attack?

is this one of the best reasons to jailbreak iOS 5? Yes! this is exactly what i needed. i do not mess with themes anymore but i am a sucker for making a great system even better! Apple gives Developers very limited usage/access to the Lockscreen and it will probably always be this way so stock users will never see something like this

for anyone that may be having issues, currently, just remember it's still in the beta stages. the guys at Intelliborn are working hard to get it right and i'm sure it will continue with future updates

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
just tweeted from Intelliborn:

IntelliScreenX Users: We highly recommend turning off the stock ticker unless u really use it. It uses 30%+ CPU in Notification Center.

i have been using this feature all weekend and up'd my refresh times to help with battery consumption. going to give it a go with the Ticker off

correction: they were referring to the native Stocks (app) widget in the NC. good, because i really like the ISX Ticker

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.0.17

1.0.17 Released. Major updates for Twitter backend (much faster!). Also improved RSS encoding + more

here is where they are so far with fixes/updates

IntelliScreenX​

1.0.17 (10/31/2011)
=============
- Fix for some mis-encoded UTF8 RSS Feeds
- Major Twitter backend overhaul. Resolves many compatibility issues/freezing of data loads
- IntelliScreenX now fully compatible with semitether
- Increased responsiveness for action buttons within cells

1.0.16 (10/31/2011)
=============
- Fix for other notification center widgets
- Fix for touches passing through to SpringBoard
- Fix for 0 max lines settings using 1

1.0.15 (10/31/2011)
=============
- Passcode/display fixes
- Fix for keyboard when using passcode
- Fix for launching into apps with passcode
- Fix for button layout for orientation

1.0.14 (10/30/2011)
=============
- Fix for Bulletins showing on lockscreen

1.0.13 (10/30/2011)
=============
- Fix for Mail Crashing with passcode users
- Fix for new mail account not showing until respring
- Fix for preferences crash
- Fix for Safari Reader hanging
- Fix for "Preference not loaded" (no license)
- Expanded Twitter URLs
- Added handling for Twitter image links
- Improved Performance

1.0.12 (10/29/2011)
=============
- Updated Icons
- Fix for 3GS Facebook users
- Fix if you pull the ISX scrollview to far left/right
- Fix for Preferences crashing
- Fix for Facebook Deauthorization
- Fix for Hebrew character set for RSS

1.0 (10/29/2011)
=============
- Initial Release​

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.0.18 (11/02/2011)

looks like a pretty decent update!

1.0.18 (11/02/2011)
=============
- Performance improvement
- Battery life improvement
- Improved mail handling for delete/mark read
- Remember last page when opening (on by default)
- Enhanced security for lockscreen users
- Weather widget tap now toggles between location detection on/off
- Weather widget by default only fetches location every 12 hours
- Fixed some incoming cells not having alpha opacity
- Mail crash fixed
- Contacts crash fix
- Hide for camera display

Edit: this version was pulled due to early testers with respring issues. they're working on it now

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
v1.0.20 (11/02/2011)

IntelliScreenX

1.0.20 (11/02/2011)
=============
- Performance improvement
- Battery life improvement
- Improved mail handling for delete/mark read
- Remember last page when opening (on by default)
- Enhanced security for lockscreen users
- Weather widget tap now toggles between location detection on/off
- Weather widget by default only fetches location every 12 hours
- Fixed some incoming cells not having alpha opacity
- Mail crash fixed
- Contacts crash fix
- Hide for camera display
- Fix for when Mail Page is disabled
- Fix for some Facebook pages​

Trial has been reset, again :)

Last edited: