phone stuck after respring????

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
i have an verizon iphone 4, which has been jailbroken since february! today i resprung it and not it's stuck on the boot animate screen with the apple logo! I have tried hard resets, and still no luck! no matter what, it won't load past that screen. i really don't want to restore using itunes, so is there any other way to get my phone to load up? it's weird b/c it has never did this before! any help would greatly be appreciated! thanks in advance!

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i have an verizon iphone 4, which has been jailbroken since february! today i resprung it and not it's stuck on the boot animate screen with the apple logo! I have tried hard resets, and still no luck! no matter what, it won't load past that screen. i really don't want to restore using itunes, so is there any other way to get my phone to load up? it's weird b/c it has never did this before! any help would greatly be appreciated! thanks in advance!

What firmware are you at?

phonejunky

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Well if you're the person creating the jailbreak yes, but challenging lol really. I didn't know following directions on a web page was challenging.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
We do it so we can use our devices as we want, with functionality far beyond what Apple offers?is that so hard to understand?

The real question is why numbnuts continue to troll forums with dumb questions.

OP: did you install something right before the respring? You may be able to remove it via SSH.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The question and answers are both unnecessary at this point as there are quite a few other threads asking the same question, and without browbeating the people offering answers.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
First of all name calling is unnecessary I was asking a legitimate question NOT trolling.

Ok, I will take you at your word, but if you're really interested there are--like Alli mentioned--a ton of other threads that tackle that question. No need to take over a thread where someone is looking for help on a different issue. For a few of my thoughts on why I jailbreak, see my post here.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you might have in a new thread; I'd be glad to talk about it.

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having this problem too on iOS 5 jailbreak. Doesn't seem to be a loop because the screen never changes. It just stays at the Apple logo.

Any help would be appreciated. If this has already been answered somewhere, I can't find it!

Spiral_ouT

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Try booting back in with redsn0w boot tethered option

Redsn0w doesn't want to recognize my device since it isn't in DFU mode and I can't seem to turn it off to get there.

Edit: Nvm. I tried to get in DFU mode 4 times before posting. Looks like fifth time was a charm. Thanks for the response xboxit.

Last edited:

mascott

Oct 12, 2010
www.twitter.com
I didn't install anything before this started happening! I powered the phone off and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then turned it back on it eventually boots! This is very strange! I also noticed that whenever i respring, this happens! After a respring, it just gets stuck at the apple logo screen! So far only my workaround is turning the phone off and letting it sit for a while, then turn it back on! This is extremely irritating! I'm wondering should i just go ahead and upgrade to ios5 and jailbreak that!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2