So.. time for the helper, to be the helpee :P

Fresh install of iOS 5
    Redsn0w 0.9.9 b6
    Windows 7 x64
    Whatever the latest version of iTunes is

White Cydia icon - unable to load cydia, instantly crashes back to the springboard. This was a fresh install of iOS 5, with no backup restored (setup as new device).

I loaded Redsnow up under admin privileges, pushed the Jailbreak button, and told it to install Cydia. DFU'ed the phone, and it did it's thing, successfully. Saw the verbose mode and pineapple icon, rebooted after it was all said and done. White cydia icon.. boourns..

So, read up on it - MuscleNerd says it's because I'm a nub and didn't "Just Boot" after the Jailbreak, so I restarted, DFU'ed the phone again, and hit the extras button in Redsnow, Just Boot button, unchecked the install Cydia box, and hit go. It attempted to re-jailbreak by "Exploiting with Limerain", but the phone booted into springboard before it could finish its game.

Now, no matter how many times I reboot, DFU mode or restore mode, it refuses to "Just boot" properly, allowing me access to my tethered JB Cydia.app

Suggestions?
    Last edited by Wiltron; 10-21-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    10-21-2011 12:39 AM
    all the steps you have done for the tethered boot is identical to what i do EXCEPT the uncheck Cydia. maybe try leaving it "checked"?
    10-21-2011 01:26 AM
    Just try starting from scratch again and make sure AFTER u jailbreak to reboot it tethered. So let it go through the original jb, it will then reboot and u will have the white cydia icon, then reboot, put it in DFU, click extras and just boot and let it do it's thing
    10-21-2011 04:50 AM
    Took 7 restores and JB's to get it to work.. SEVEN..

On the seventh attempt, it stayed at the apple logo for a long time, about 5 minutes, after the Jailbreak was "done". Then, it made the respring / charge noise, but a spinning icon appeared and then froze. I rebooted after waiting 5 minutes for it to unfreeze (just in case it was doing something at 100% CPU, and appeared frozen but wasn't), but put it directly into DFU mode. Did "Just Boot", and it worked. Properly installed Cydia now, works - yay..

Far too much effort for a broken JB tool..
    10-21-2011 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD