ok, so my iphone 4 was on 4.0.1 with the 1.59.00 baseband and it was jailbroken and unlocked. all of a sudden, when i was erasing all my data on it to prepare it for sale, it got stuck on the apple screen. what should i do to keep the phone jailbroken/unlocked because i want to sell it. please help me out...thanks!!!
    10-19-2011 07:47 PM
    are you using Windows or Mac?
    10-19-2011 09:48 PM
    Do a quick Google search for the 4.0.1 IPSW, and restore the phone (iTunes Shift + click Restore in Windows, Apple/Command + Restore in Mac).

Once you restore it, all of your information will be gone and then you can re-jailbreak it (at jailbreakme.com I believe), and unlock it with ultrasn0w. 4.0.1 is the last baseband that ultrasn0w will work on, but you know that already.
    10-19-2011 10:27 PM
    i'm using windows, if i had a mac, i would just preserve my baseband and update to iOS 5 but they don't have that for windows
    10-19-2011 11:29 PM
    Have you tried this?
    How to Preserve Your Baseband For iOS 5 Unlock on Windows Using Sn0wBreeze

You might also check in on the redsn0w updates...there is a Windows version now but I'm not sure if they cooked in the baseband preservation yet:Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta (see updates 13 & 14).
    Last edited by Massie; 10-19-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    10-19-2011 11:40 PM
    i'm using windows, if i had a mac, i would just preserve my baseband and update to iOS 5 but they don't have that for windows
    Do you have the shsh blobs saved? If so, use TinyUmbrella. Here's the link to the Apple server for the 4.0.1 ipsw:

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...6_Restore.ipsw
    10-19-2011 11:42 PM
    Do you have the shsh blobs saved? If so, use TinyUmbrella. Here's the link to the Apple server for the 4.0.1 ipsw:

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...6_Restore.ipsw
    i verified with the redsnow that i have all my 4.0.1 blob saved, now how do i access them??
    10-20-2011 07:56 AM
    can someone please walk me through the process?? i can't seem to make anything work right now...
    10-20-2011 08:00 AM
    can someone please walk me through the process?? i can't seem to make anything work right now...
    Download TinyUmbrella (Google it) - they have instructions on how to do it on their site.
    10-20-2011 09:55 AM
    This will only work if you have the 4.0.1 shsh blob saved

Download the 4.0.1 ipsw and TinyUmbrella

Open TinyUmbrella

Press the Start TSS Server button

Leave TinyUmbrella open and open iTunes

Select your device

On the Summary tab for your device, hold down Shift and press Restore

Navigate to the downloaded 4.0.1 ipsw

Wait

Should be restored like new, with 4.0.1. Jailbreak and unlock at your leisure.
    10-20-2011 09:57 AM
    This will only work if you have the 4.0.1 shsh blob saved

Download the 4.0.1 ipsw and TinyUmbrella

Open TinyUmbrella

Press the Start TSS Server button

Leave TinyUmbrella open and open iTunes

Select your device

On the Summary tab for your device, hold down Shift and press Restore

Navigate to the downloaded 4.0.1 ipsw

Wait

Should be restored like new, with 4.0.1. Jailbreak and unlock at your leisure.
    Thanks a lot, exactly what I needed. Hopefully it's gonna work when I get back home from
    Class.
    10-20-2011 01:03 PM
    alright i did that process, but it's giving me an error in itunes (2005). also tiny umbrella is not showing my saved SHSHs under the "All Saved SHSHs" on the main page. i verified with redsnow and know for a fact that my shsh blobs have been saved, so what should i do??
    10-20-2011 06:27 PM
    I've been trying this process with an iphone 4 on win and mac but it has not worked for me for some reason. iphone was on 4.2.1 and a baseband that can't be unlocked but what i was trying to do is wipe it clean and re jailbreak. I checked cydia and shsh blobs are saved but still could not get it to work. I'm pretty sure i followed directions correctly. The phone is now stuck on the connect to itunes logo. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    10-20-2011 06:47 PM
    I've been trying this process with an iphone 4 on win and mac but it has not worked for me for some reason. iphone was on 4.2.1 and a baseband that can't be unlocked but what i was trying to do is wipe it clean and re jailbreak. I checked cydia and shsh blobs are saved but still could not get it to work. I'm pretty sure i followed directions correctly. The phone is now stuck on the connect to itunes logo. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
    Same as above, but you'll need to direct TinyUmbrella to download your shsh blobs from Cydia. Once you're done with that, search google for the 4.2.1 ipsw. You'll probably be able to find the direct link to Apple's server just like I found for the other. Good luck!
    10-21-2011 01:00 AM
    alright i did that process, but it's giving me an error in itunes (2005). also tiny umbrella is not showing my saved SHSHs under the "All Saved SHSHs" on the main page. i verified with redsnow and know for a fact that my shsh blobs have been saved, so what should i do??
    They're saved on your computer, right? Error 2005 has to do with the actual iTunes installation, not so much for phone. Try completely uninstalling iTunes (and everything else it installs), then installing a fresh copy.
    10-21-2011 01:05 AM
    They're saved on your computer, right? Error 2005 has to do with the actual iTunes installation, not so much for phone. Try completely uninstalling iTunes (and everything else it installs), then installing a fresh copy.
    no, i don't have them on my pc, i know it was saved on the cydia server though, is there any way i can retrieve the blob from their server??? i hope im not screwed
    10-21-2011 11:50 AM
    no, i don't have them on my pc, i know it was saved on the cydia server though, is there any way i can retrieve the blob from their server??? i hope im not screwed
    You can tell TinyUmbrella to download your blobs from Cydia (like I said above) - should work! Good luck!
    jaguar11 likes this.
    10-21-2011 12:44 PM
    thanks so much, finally got it to work...i really appreciate it
    10-21-2011 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD