Tethered JB to Untethered

built2prfctn

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So I really didn't want to use the tethered JB from Redsnow. But it looks like im going to have to. I cant wait any longer I HATE apple stock software. So I think im going to go ahead with the tethered JB.

My Question is: When I have the tethered JB on my 4S how hard or easy will it be to put the untethered on whenever it comes out? Will I have to restore the phone again and loose all my apps?

Should I even bothere putting this JB on? Or suck it up and wait however long for the good sh!t.

:confused:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Correct. The current jb for 5.0 doesn't work on the iPhone 4S or the iPad 2. Looks like you're stuck for now.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
once i ran an untethered JB on top of a tethered JB and it was quickly followed with issues. from that time forward i always restored (as new) and then re-jailbroke with the untethered.

i am not suggesting to not do it, but peace of mind can go a long way..

regarding the fact that you WILL lose your apps/tweaks, when restoring.. there are apps that will let you save your jailbreak info and load back at a later time but i have always just wrote them down and used the "Manage Account" feature within Cydia. it shows all purchases made through Cydia