Thanks for the tip
    10-19-2011 01:39 PM
    BiteSMS immediately crashes me back to the Home Screen after jail breaking on ios5. Anyone know why by chance?
    10-19-2011 02:34 PM
    Are you trying to use the old version? For iOS 5 you need to add the beta source to your Cydia sources. Here it is: http://test-cydia.bitesms.com/

You'll find the updated bite there.
    10-19-2011 02:41 PM
    Thanks Massie, I was wondering if it was something like that, and I knew you experts would
    10-19-2011 02:47 PM
    the beta version of biteSMS works great. although i found myself not using it as much as i used to. i was Pure for about 3 months and i guess i got used to the iOS 5 native system. this time around i did not load bite and do not miss using it. weird

i am really anxious to see how IntelliScreenX comes into play with my personal SMS needs
    10-19-2011 03:02 PM
    Welcome back to the dark side...
    10-19-2011 03:46 PM
    I just can't bring myself to use a tethered JB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-19-2011 04:04 PM
    I just can't bring myself to use a tethered JB

I used to feel that way...but then I realized that I never really need to reboot unless I want to. I'm not the type to load up a million tweaks that might lead to conflicts and forced reboots, and it hasn't been an issue for me at all.

I'd say try it out...you know you want to!
    10-19-2011 04:16 PM
    I used to feel that way...but then I realized that I never really need to reboot unless I want to. I'm not the type to load up a million tweaks that might lead to conflicts and forced reboots, and it hasn't been an issue for me at all.

I'd say try it out...you know you want to!
    I will never join the dark side!
    10-19-2011 04:24 PM
    10-19-2011 04:43 PM
    Oh, I'm still quite addicted to BiteSMS and that is half the reason I never went to iOS 5 Beta on my iPhone and only my iPad. I couldn't stand having to open Messages constantly.

Not being able to access the Notification Center from the Lockscreen seems silly to me as well.

All in all though, I love iOS 5 Jailbroken, even tethered. The extra notification center tweaks are quite handy as well.
    10-19-2011 07:30 PM
    Not being able to access the Notification Center from the Lockscreen seems silly to me as well.
    completely agree. soon, it will be possible. that is one of many awesome features of IntelliScreenX. i hope to be rocking it next week!
    10-19-2011 08:49 PM
    For people missing it now, a lot of the Notification Center features are available at the lockscreen by using LockInfo's Infoshade. Not sure what's out there for plugins these days, but this is what I used on 4.3.3 and I've just started setting it up again since we're not allowed to use NC at the lockscreen:

It's pretty similar to the default NC, but I'm sure the coming wave of jb tweaks will make using NC a lot more fun and productive once it comes to the lockscreen.
    10-19-2011 09:48 PM
    LOL. I felt the same was but finally broke down and did the tethered today and its really not too bad at all! I do have a question though. When the untethered JB is released, would i just run that JB right over what Im running now? Or do I have to restore stock and then do the untethered JB?
    10-20-2011 12:31 AM
    It may depend on the jb method, but generally new jailbreaks have been incorporated into redsn0w; if that's the case here you'll probably be able to run the untether right over the tethered.
    aaron130 likes this.
    10-20-2011 01:54 AM
    Did BiteSMS stop working for anyone else? I am back to stock and I do not know why exactly. It was working yesterday, but now it looks like normal iOS5 when I receive a message with no quick reply. I even restored fresh and rejailbroke the phone to no avail.

Quick reply is no more
    10-20-2011 11:57 AM
    Ok, now I put Quick Reply to SMS on it, and it still shows up stock best I can tell.. however, I noticed I can slide the SMS symbol to the right and it gives me a quick reply. Is that Bite or QuickReply?

Confusion.. lol
    10-20-2011 12:05 PM
    Come to find out I must have slipped in a bitesms update last night and not noticed it.

Just glad it's working.

10-20-2011 03:14 PM
    Ha, it is a little confusing at firstbasically Quick Reply is now built into the regular Apple way of handling incoming SMS. Not everyone likes it, either; a lot of folks are complaining on the Bite forums.

I don't mind the slide to reply bit but I really miss Quick List and having an easy way to dismiss SMS I don't need to reply to.
    10-20-2011 05:22 PM
    It threw me because it basically changed overnight lol

Now I feel silly for restoring hastily

10-20-2011 05:55 PM
    I was the same way at first, trying to figure out why the hell QR refused to show up. I'm still up in the air about how I'm going to use it: leave Apple alerts on and slide to bring up QR at the lockscreen, or block popups and use LockInfo to launch QR. (I kind of have a thing about keeping my lockscreen uncluttered with popups.)

My favorite setup was always to block all popups except Bite, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that now and still get statusbar/LockInfo notifications for everything. (I can turn off the View in Lockscreen option but that seems to also turn off my statusbar notifications; or I can have View in Lockscreen set to ON and block popups with LockInfo, which is my current setup.) I'm guessing this will be solved when PopUp Blocker gets an iOS 5 update. But if anyone has a different way that works now I'm all ears.
    10-20-2011 10:07 PM
    Well I'm JBen on iOS 5 and it is sweet to have my phone back to normal. The Lockscreen Clock Hide doesn't work :-( and I thought BiteSMS had issues so I didn't install it yet.
    10-21-2011 07:38 AM
    Annnnnnd....I'm restoring. My phone crashed to recovery mode this morning, not sure why yet. It wasn't even awake, and suddenly the Apple logo came up and it refused to boot tethered. I'm guessing a Winterboard issue but can't confirm.
    10-21-2011 11:01 AM
    damn, that sucks. just another reason i am glad i am not using winterboard ( if that is indeed the culprit ) tethered or untethered, not gonna do it

are you going to re-jailbreak?
    10-21-2011 11:41 AM
    yeah, I will. But without WB this time. Just my jb essentials: LockInfo, BiteSMS, Activator, SBSettings. (And maybe FakeClockUp.)
    10-21-2011 12:12 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD