Restore new 4S from iCloud (will it keep any jailbreak data)?

matthirst

Jan 19, 2010
Visit site
So, I plan on getting a 4S (hopefully tomorrow), to upgrade from my 3GS. I've got my 3GS on iOS 5 now and fully backed up with iCloud. If I then sync to iCloud on the new 4S, will it bring any old jailbreak data over (like it would do when backup-restoring through iTunes)? If so, what would I need to un-sync to stop this (I assume contacts/calendar etc would be fine)?

I normally avoided restoring from backups when updating to new software, as I like clean installs without possibly keeping any hidden old jailbreak data or such, but I'm wondering if the new iCloud method wouldn't affect this? From what I'm assuming, iTunes pretty much backs up the whole phone, while iCloud just backs up only the necessary things (that's just a complete assumtion though).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
iTunes (iCloud) does not backup jailbreak stuff, so no. You will not restore any jailbreak stuff.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Not that it should effect your decision in buying the 4S because I love it. But as of right now there is no jailbreak for the Iphone4S or the Ipad2 on ios5

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative