Jailbroken 3GS upgraded to IOS 5, now no service / no SIM

ex33s

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought 3GS few month's back and i have the same issue. I am about to do the steps mentioned and i have some issues. Can u please debrief me on this.

In step 4
"When itunes was done and the phone had booted I started redsn0w "

Can u please let me know what has to be done in itunes?

In step 8
"Continued with the ios 5 setup on the phone "

Please brief me on the "setup" !!!

Your help on this is appreciated. Its bad that u have an iPhone but u can't use it anymore.

Step 4:
Install ios 5 on iPhone with itunes

Step 8:
This is the step you need to do on your iPhone and it's not complicated, just follow the instructions on the iPhone display.

vendatta

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Step 4:
Install ios 5 on iPhone with itunes

Step 8:
This is the step you need to do on your iPhone and it's not complicated, just follow the instructions on the iPhone display.

So you mean that i will have to install ios5 again thru itunes ... but this time in DFU mode ... okay cool .. will try and update you guys .. :)

mohyi64

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
another solution

download ios 5 firmware then
use sn0wbreeze 2.8b8 to make custo, ios 5 firmware with the first option which is baseband preservation mode.
use itunes to restore to iphone
go through the activation steps on iphone
the phone will start up and baseband preserved and not jailbroken
you can jailbreak anytime using redsn0w the latest version 0.9.9b8
thanx for reading, cheers.
Morgan from Egypt

apisnew

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi I'm new to this forum, and really need some help. I have and a 3gs that had the old 3.1.3 firmware on it, but it froze and by accident it got updated to the latest version ios5. I'm pretty sure it was jailbroken/unocked untethered b4. Now i am having SERIOUS signal problems. Ill get full bars for a min and then keeps searching for signal.

Firmware : 05.16.05
Ios 5 (9A334)

It's pretty much a useless old ipod touch right now. And i really need a working phone for obvious reasons. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm pretty new to all of this, i had a friend jail break/unlock it 2 yrs ago and I never updated it (prob only connected it to a cpu abt 10 times in 2 yrs)

I read up and saw the bet bet is to update firware to the ipad one, which disables gps (but i don't have a data plan and really have no use for it)

Thanks alot in advance....just need a working phone!

AnandReddy

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Excellent advice...

I had the exact same problem as you. Took me about 12 hrs to solve this.

This is what i did.

1. Connected the phone to my mac and launched iTunes.
2. Removed the sim-card from the phone.
3. Put the phone in DFU mode to do a recovery with iTunes.
4. When itunes was done and the phone had booted I started redsn0w (Using version: 0.9.9b5).
5. Put the phone back in DFU-mode so i can jailbreak it.
6. When I got to the select options in redsn0w, I selected "Install Cyda", "Install ipad baseband" and "de-activate phone"
7. Waited for it to finish, and after it booted up I got the message "No sim card inserted". I then inserted my sim-card
8. Continued with the ios 5 setup on the phone and had no issue activating it nor did I get "no service"-message after setup was done.

This did the trick for me so I could activate my phone and use it agian. Hopefully this works for you too.

i had the same problem and the above solution did the job for me... only problem for was I did not have a mac, i had to borrow my friend's mac... thank you for posting this......

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay, basically once you update to the iPad baseband you cannot go back. You must continue using custom IPSW files or the phone won't work.

bangal, what you need to do is first to make sure that the phone is on you're desired baseband. Then download sn0wbreeze for 5.0.1 and create a custom IPSW using the "Baseband Preservation" option. The custom IPSW will preserve the iPad baseband, but will not jailbreak your phone.

gourishs

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3GS that was previously running 4.3.x (can't remember which iteration) and jailbroken and unlocked with the iPad Baseband 06.15.00. Last night, I upgraded to iOS 5 through iTunes and now, after the phone has completed the upgrade and booted up, it isn't able to activate. When activating (I connected wifi) it times out while attempting to connect to the Apple server, and suggests I either try again or activate through iTunes. When I connect it back to iTunes, iTunes reports that there is no SIM installed. There definitely is and it was working fine prior to the upgrade. It was originally purchased as an O2 locked phone and it still has an O2 SIM in it so even if it became locked again in the update, I would have thought it would still work with that SIM?

Any suggestions on what has gone wrong or how I could fix it? I've tried googling various search strings but as far as I can tell, nobody seems to have reported this problem under iOS 5 yet. Previous versions, yes, but I'm not sure if those situations applies to mine.

Thanks,
David
what if i do not have a valid sim, and i need to activate my phone

kevin3GS

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Thank you

I registered just to say thank you to ex33s. The procedure worked. Instead of 12 hours ex33s spent, I had been bothered by this for a least 6 weeks, finally I found a working solution in this forum. My phone is working again.:D

To the person posted right before me, if you were stuck on the activation screen after upgrading to IOS 5.x, you can avoid seeing the activation screen after jailbreaking with redsn0w.

iphone_3gs_user

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
One more question...

This is what i did.

4. When itunes was done and the phone had booted I started redsn0w (Using version: 0.9.9b5).
6. When I got to the select options in redsn0w, I selected "Install Cyda", "Install ipad baseband" and "de-activate phone"
7. Waited for it to finish, and after it booted up I got the message "No sim card inserted". I then inserted my sim-card
8. Continued with the ios 5 setup on the phone and had no issue activating it nor did I get "no service"-message after setup was done.

This did the trick for me so I could activate my phone and use it agian. Hopefully this works for you too.

I tried to get it to work without choosing "Install ipad baseband" in redsn0w - didnt work, but choosing "Install ipad baseband" did the trick. I also needed to reset it to get the safari and e-mail to work. However its now working only with the sim card that the iphone was locked to in the beginning, so it seems like the phone is not jailbreaked anymore and i cannot use other sim cards :( Has anyone got the same issue? How can i solve that, PLEASE HELP !

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried to get it to work without choosing "Install ipad baseband" in redsn0w - didnt work, but choosing "Install ipad baseband" did the trick. I also needed to reset it to get the safari and e-mail to work. However its now working only with the sim card that the iphone was locked to in the beginning, so it seems like the phone is not jailbreaked anymore and i cannot use other sim cards :( Has anyone got the same issue? How can i solve that, PLEASE HELP !

Unlocking is not jail breaking it 2 complete different things
Google it
Ultra snow 5.1.1 fix
And then ultra snow

I also assume Cydia auto installed rocky raccoon so you are unteathered

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

iphone_3gs_user

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Thank you

Unlocking is not jail breaking it 2 complete different things
Google it
Ultra snow 5.1.1 fix
And then ultra snow

I also assume Cydia auto installed rocky raccoon so you are unteathered

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Rocky racoon was not auto installed, but I did that in clydia. Installed ultrasn0w and voil? everything woks like a charm with different sim cards :D THANKS FOR ALL HELP!!!:D

annon01

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

This is what i did.

................................................................................................................................................................................

hi. i have the same problem but my 3GS was updated from ios 4.1 to 6.0.1
shall i try this? please help.

Dizej

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
My iphone was jailbroken and i paid for it to be unlocked and to complete it i have to hook it up in itunes but i did all the procedures but the itunes keep saying that there is no simcard installed. I restored the phone already and tried to activate it but no luck. Please help me!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox