Jailbroken 3GS upgraded to IOS 5, now no service / no SIM

nicoleob

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Not workinggg :(

after i do it on the computer &it says it will continue on the phone it comes up error &its giving up, those that mean i cant fix my phone?

pitoufo

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
any new tips

Hi I did what you said, the only thing i did different is that i didn't check the box "deactivate phone"... when i completed the jailbreak, i was still on "no service", but at least my ios 5 was up and running... I even rebooted twice to make sure it wasn't just taking a while to take effect...

so i started the jailbreak again, but this time, it came up as if it was back to a factory restore! not letting me go back to finish the setup, it tries to activate and says "your sim is not one of the prescribed carriers"... did i loose my jailbreak? is all hope lost? please help!

Thanks,

manayaad

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. This is not for unlock of the phone but for jailbreak.
The unlock portion is the easiest part. I've been trying to crack this nut for days and this walkthrough was finally what did the trick.

My phone was Jailbroken AND unlocked with ultrasn0w prior to IOS5 upgrade - so the process is just a little different.

1. don't check the deactivate box - that will allow you to boot into IOS5 without going through the activation process.

2. run Cydia - go to Manage then Sources then select repo666.ultrasn0w.com. Reinstall ultrasn0w. (my iPhone rebooted after the reinstall)
3. Put in your SIM card and after a few minutes you should have full bars.

Reactions: ex33s

tonylama

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks ex33s

Just registered to say thanks to "ex33s". It worked for me.
iPhone 3GS, old bootrom, was on 4.3.3 with T-mobile. continues with IOS 5 thanks to you.

born2Bfast

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I guest tik tok is completed right https://discussions.apple.com/message/16364368#16364368 . Who was accidently upgrade ios 5 with BB 6.15 will get this problem especially 3GS. IOS 5 tend to update the BB so leaving the ipad BB corrupted. I am not sure about other device or non-jailbreak user.

Do as Tik Tok guide it will be solve...it will reflash the ipad BB using redsnow (assume you was using ipad BB, if not dont ever do that, wait new ios update)..i like to call this ipad BB doom. The best part is you cannot leave this ipad BB world

i did little bit different way but the same.. .downgrade and reinstall the ipad BB..then upgrade using custom ipsw 5.0 from snowbreeze...everything work. the point is you need to reflash the ipad BB because upgrading stock ipsw make it unstable.

Conclusion, safest way to upgrade ios with ipad BB is using custom ipsw because it preserve baseband.

Reactions: MYNAMESALEX

MYNAMESALEX

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I guest tik tok is completed right https://discussions.apple.com/message/16364368#16364368 . Who was accidently upgrade ios 5 with BB 6.15 will get this problem especially 3GS. IOS 5 tend to update the BB so leaving the ipad BB corrupted. I am not sure about other device or non-jailbreak user.

Do as Tik Tok guide it will be solve...it will reflash the ipad BB using redsnow (assume you was using ipad BB, if not dont ever do that, wait new ios update)..i like to call this ipad BB doom. The best part is you cannot leave this ipad BB world

i did little bit different way but the same.. .downgrade and reinstall the ipad BB..then upgrade using custom ipsw 5.0 from snowbreeze...everything work. the point is you need to reflash the ipad BB because upgrading stock ipsw make it unstable.

Conclusion, safest way to upgrade ios with ipad BB is using custom ipsw because it preserve baseband.

And thank you, you're the one who finally led to me solving my problem. Snowbreeze for the custom IPSW was the missing part of the equation for me. You're a lifesaver. No custom IPSW via redsn0w for windows :( </3

vendatta

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
I had the exact same problem as you. Took me about 12 hrs to solve this.

This is what i did.

1. Connected the phone to my mac and launched iTunes.
2. Removed the sim-card from the phone.
3. Put the phone in DFU mode to do a recovery with iTunes.
4. When itunes was done and the phone had booted I started redsn0w (Using version: 0.9.9b5).
5. Put the phone back in DFU-mode so i can jailbreak it.
6. When I got to the select options in redsn0w, I selected "Install Cyda", "Install ipad baseband" and "de-activate phone"
7. Waited for it to finish, and after it booted up I got the message "No sim card inserted". I then inserted my sim-card
8. Continued with the ios 5 setup on the phone and had no issue activating it nor did I get "no service"-message after setup was done.

This did the trick for me so I could activate my phone and use it agian. Hopefully this works for you too.

Hi,

I just bought 3GS few month's back and i have the same issue. I am about to do the steps mentioned and i have some issues. Can u please debrief me on this.

In step 4
"When itunes was done and the phone had booted I started redsn0w "

Can u please let me know what has to be done in itunes?

In step 8
"Continued with the ios 5 setup on the phone "

Please brief me on the "setup" !!!

Your help on this is appreciated. Its bad that u have an iPhone but u can't use it anymore.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR