Push and Youtube OS5 GM

Benn00

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey all, I have a jailbroken phone on IOS5 tethered with redsnow and everytime I go into an App that has push notifications it tells me to "Connect to Itunes to enable push notifications"

Yes I've tried to connect to itunes and that does nothing, also on apps that that message comes up even when i dismiss the message it comes back everytime making the message unusable.

Now also noticing that when i try to use the youtube app it tells me it cant connect to youtube.

Anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it? Thanks much in advance!

Verizon Iphone 4
IOS5 GM

otpowell

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Well....

I have googled the same thing. Haven't really found anything useful. Maybe its because icould is disabled. I've had so many incidents in the past with itunes deleting my stuff, i am afraid of any other back up options such as the new icloud or mobileme. I just upgraded to the latest OS which is 5.01 or something. I am having problems with my youtube, "cannot connect to you tube." With various other apps I cannot use push notifications. It keeps saying "connect to itunes to use push notifications." I wish it would clarify further how to enable the notifications. I have found a solution I think. Another user reported that it worked for them, I am in the process of doing the same thing now. You have to connect to itunes, then back it up, then do a complete restore. It backs it up, formats your phone, then restores from a fresh blank iphone. I hope this works, and all my stuff is still there. Lord knows i've spent many hours trying to get my iphone apps, music, & contacts back in the past. I think the new OS is very beneficial in regards to the ability to view & redownload music/apps without having to purchase them again, or the pain of writing and talking to apple. I mean i'd rather pay the extra dollar, instead of wasting hours trying to save a dollar. I think overall the itunes experience is getting better as they upgrade OS's. Finally, this was my only complaint about apple phones, but now I see the light. If this fix works for me I will let you know.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2