whats the status of Untethered ?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Agreed?but I'll add that I'm continually surprised and impressed at the selflessness and generosity of the people that create these jailbreaks. The fact that none of them has tried to make money off of it speaks volumes about their motives. My hat is off to all of them.

completely agree. as many of us know, these guys are doing it on their free time. they have jobs just like the rest of us and lead some sort of a normal life. if they read blogs i know it must be frustrating seeing all the people who act like they are owed something. my last donation went to Greenpois0n

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all the team that works on the jailbreak for the 4s iPhone. I just got home from work and saw this on here and Smashiphone.net..... I hope it will be soon. AGAIN THANKS TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORKS ON THE Jailbreak.:eek::):)

enots27

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Quick question about teathered

I am thinking of jailbreaking my iphone for the first time.

I have i phone 4 running ios5 so only teathered is available. I have downloaded redsnow to my computer and run it on my computer no install was done.

Here are the questions

Is there any reason i need to use my laptop as i have read elsewhere?

could i just put the redsnow software on a usb stick or sd card or other media use that to just boot from any computer available to me?

I look forward to your responses

Thank you.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am thinking of jailbreaking my iphone for the first time.

I have i phone 4 running ios5 so only teathered is available. I have downloaded redsnow to my computer and run it on my computer no install was done.

Here are the questions

Is there any reason i need to use my laptop as i have read elsewhere?

could i just put the redsnow software on a usb stick or sd card or other media use that to just boot from any computer available to me?

I look forward to your responses

Thank you.

you are correct. you do not need "your" laptop. you can indeed use any computer as long as you have the proper software with you on (USB flash, SD card etc..) however, i think the computer you are on has to have iTunes installed? (can anyone confirm?) i've done a tethered reboot on 5 different computers, just for fun, and they all had iTunes installed

make sure you have the latest version of redsn0w as well, as far as i know it is 0.9.9b7 and there was a limited edition 0.9.9b7b, which i have. the latest version gives you the ability to not have to point to your corresponding .ipsw file, which up until now you needed on the USB flash as well. i'd probably put it on there anyways, just to be safe

sharkey#IM

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Upgrading an already jailbroken iphone 4

Hi all

I have a iP4 V4.3 and Jailbroken via jailbreakme and have a few questions if someone would be so kind to answer.

1: If I do a V5 upgrade and then do a tethered jailbreak, will I lose all my current jailbreak settings & downloads if so is there a way around this?

2: Same question for when untethered V5.0 comes out will you then have to re-jailbreak and lose all your settings?

Cheers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro