yes dev team blog will always give u rite update
    true, BUT, other than some little hints here & there on twitter who knows what in hell is going on??

it'd be nice if they would give some sort of progress report. as it stands right now, we really do not know if they have anything place..!
    10-26-2011 03:29 PM
    If they release it, it'll drop like a bomb, without warning.
    10-26-2011 03:48 PM
    JB Tethered until Un-T comes out it ain't no big deal.
    10-26-2011 04:36 PM
    wait till the 5.1 or 5.01 update rolls out.. if there is no untether soon after that.. that means it was bull**** all along and the dev team has nothing.

in the mean time.. start getting these guys(dev team) charged up! maybe like comex took the ipad challenge someone will take on the iOS 5 challenge, and give us all a untethered jailbreak!
    10-26-2011 11:12 PM
    i would be happy with an untethered 4s jb in the meantime :P
    10-26-2011 11:23 PM
    The whole thing about an untethered jb being ready and waiting stems from something said by i0n1c, who isn't actually working on it (though he did develop the untether for 4.3 firmwares). As he said in a tweet tonight:

@TAv0X8 I never said the untether is ready.I said it is covered which means some1 works on it.Not my fault that my followers cannot read.

In reality, nobody has ever said that an untethered jb is yet available for iOS 5. I don't doubt that people are working very hard on it--and it's certainly possible that it has already been done--but the fact is nothing has been promised, and we simply can't know for sure.
    10-27-2011 12:04 AM
    i would have no problem forking out cash for every decent Untethered jailbreak if i knew it would be timely and bug free. i'm not afraid to spend the money. unfortunately there are A LOT of people who think differently
    10-27-2011 10:13 PM
    i would have no problem forking out cash for every decent Untethered jailbreak if i knew it would be timely and bug free. i'm not afraid to spend the money. unfortunately there are A LOT of people who think differently
    Agreedbut I'll add that I'm continually surprised and impressed at the selflessness and generosity of the people that create these jailbreaks. The fact that none of them has tried to make money off of it speaks volumes about their motives. My hat is off to all of them.
    10-27-2011 10:36 PM
    i think the min they decide to charge for it.. it becomes illegal. long as its free.. i think it cant be charged as piracy (some loop hole in the law)
    10-27-2011 10:59 PM
    i think the min they decide to charge for it.. it becomes illegal. long as its free.. i think it cant be charged as piracy (some loop hole in the law)
    No loop hole needed: jailbreaking is legal.
    anneemonster likes this.
    10-27-2011 11:08 PM
    Agreedbut I'll add that I'm continually surprised and impressed at the selflessness and generosity of the people that create these jailbreaks. The fact that none of them has tried to make money off of it speaks volumes about their motives. My hat is off to all of them.
    completely agree. as many of us know, these guys are doing it on their free time. they have jobs just like the rest of us and lead some sort of a normal life. if they read blogs i know it must be frustrating seeing all the people who act like they are owed something. my last donation went to Greenpois0n
    10-27-2011 11:45 PM
    OMG!!!!

This made my friday sooooooo much better!!!!!

http://www.tipb.com/2011/10/28/preli...Pad%2C+iPod%29
    10-28-2011 08:26 AM
    Thanks to all the team that works on the jailbreak for the 4s iPhone. I just got home from work and saw this on here and Smashiphone.net..... I hope it will be soon. AGAIN THANKS TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE THAT WORKS ON THE Jailbreak.:o
    10-28-2011 06:02 PM
    I am thinking of jailbreaking my iphone for the first time.

I have i phone 4 running ios5 so only teathered is available. I have downloaded redsnow to my computer and run it on my computer no install was done.

Here are the questions

Is there any reason i need to use my laptop as i have read elsewhere?

could i just put the redsnow software on a usb stick or sd card or other media use that to just boot from any computer available to me?

I look forward to your responses

Thank you.
    10-28-2011 06:52 PM
    I am thinking of jailbreaking my iphone for the first time.

I have i phone 4 running ios5 so only teathered is available. I have downloaded redsnow to my computer and run it on my computer no install was done.

Here are the questions

Is there any reason i need to use my laptop as i have read elsewhere?

could i just put the redsnow software on a usb stick or sd card or other media use that to just boot from any computer available to me?

I look forward to your responses

Thank you.
    you are correct. you do not need "your" laptop. you can indeed use any computer as long as you have the proper software with you on (USB flash, SD card etc..) however, i think the computer you are on has to have iTunes installed? (can anyone confirm?) i've done a tethered reboot on 5 different computers, just for fun, and they all had iTunes installed

make sure you have the latest version of redsn0w as well, as far as i know it is 0.9.9b7 and there was a limited edition 0.9.9b7b, which i have. the latest version gives you the ability to not have to point to your corresponding .ipsw file, which up until now you needed on the USB flash as well. i'd probably put it on there anyways, just to be safe
    10-28-2011 07:54 PM
    Thanx for the spedy reply i have redsnow 0.9.9b7. Where would i get the .ipsw file
    Thanx again
    10-28-2011 08:01 PM
    10-28-2011 09:09 PM
    Hi all

I have a iP4 V4.3 and Jailbroken via jailbreakme and have a few questions if someone would be so kind to answer.

1: If I do a V5 upgrade and then do a tethered jailbreak, will I lose all my current jailbreak settings & downloads if so is there a way around this?

2: Same question for when untethered V5.0 comes out will you then have to re-jailbreak and lose all your settings?

Cheers
    11-02-2011 08:06 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD