Redsn0w 0.9.9b3 for OS 5

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Well, I upgraded this morning to OS 5 as did everyone else. I successfully jailbroke with Redsn0w 0.9.9b3. Installed everything in cydia I had, synced all my music and apps back through itunes, and restored from a back up. After restoring, the phone rebooted of course as it always does, so I booted tethered using redsn0w. Once the phone came on, there was a screen that said restore from backup successful. I hit the continue button and it just resprings and goes back to the lock screen. when I slide to unlock i get the same message again and each time I hit continue it just resprings and does this over and over, any ideas?

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Personally if the jailbreak is meant for GM or a beta .... I don't believe it will work for the official from iTunes. You could always retry the process though.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
It worked. Cydia installed fine, and all my apps installed fine. It was when i clicked restore from backup on tunes that it did this to me. Its weird.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Mobile Substrate is crashing most likely.

SSH into your looping iPhone to:
/Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries and delete the action menu's dylib and plist files.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
so would it be safe to say that Mobile Substrate is not iOS 5 ready?

i'm glad i came across this thread. i was seriously considering running with a tethered JB but it looks like the jailbreak scene just is not ready

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
so would it be safe to say that Mobile Substrate is not iOS 5 ready?

i'm glad i came across this thread. i was seriously considering running with a tethered JB but it looks like the jailbreak scene just is not ready

Glad I could help.......lol..............well I successfully was able to restore finally. Looks like I am know faced with the decision of running OS 5 stock or going back to 4.3.3 untethered.....hmmmmm.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What I dont understand was that everything was working fine after the jailbreak. Maybe if i restore from a back up first while the OS is still stock, then do all the jailbreak stuff it will work.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It happened to me even on 4.3.3. MobileSubstrate just wasn't ready. It's all updated to support iOS 4.0 now.

But guess it's not ready for iOS 5.
Restoring from a backup doesn't change things. It's all the same, as long as you have MobSub spazzing out. Once you respring, there's a chance it will go into the infinite respring loop of death.

One way I worked around it back in 4.3.3 was respringing through SBSettings.

Last edited:

aaimbrogno

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm working on the tethered Redsn0w jailbreak right now for ios5, but whenever I get to the rebooting section, nothing else happens. What could I be doing wrong? I've watched the video on how to use it but is there anywhere i can find a more basic walk through?

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Personally if the jailbreak is meant for GM or a beta .... I don't believe it will work for the official from iTunes. You could always retry the process though.

GM is the same as the official. Its just a term and nothing else. Gm means final official version. Everybody on ios5 GM prior to the public release who checked with itunes on a update says your phone is up to date. All Iphone4S'S have ios5 GM

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen