Jailbroken iPhone 3G won't connect to iTunes

reximus

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I just had my American iPhone 3G jailbroken and unlocked to use while in Singapore. The guy used redsn0w and ultrasn0w I believe and he installed Cydia as well. Everything works fine except when I plug it in to my computer, iTunes doesn't recognize or even see my iPhone. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes and soft resetting the phone. Nothing works. Help? :(

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
A restore with a custom firmware should solve your problem, be carefull to be custom without baseband update.Then unlock with ultrasn0w. Let me know if it worked,if not can do it for you online, just Pm me

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I have asimilar problem just that Itunes recognizes my phone but Im at the place where it gives you the option to set up as new phone or restore. I obviously dont want to restore dont want to lose the jailbreak,plus im updated to the 6.15.00 baseband. What happens if I set up as new phone? plus volume control is messed up no call alerts messaging ect. video plays fine with sound. games no sound. Any suggestions?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Iphonecracktard, is this the screen you're seeing?
setup-new-iphoe.JPG

If so, there is no need to panic. You can set it up as a new phone and choose what you want to sync with it. If you decide to restore, iTunes will restore the iPhone settings and media from a previous backup, it will not reinstall the iOS software.

iphoneuser97

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi..my screen is showing that but i never backed up the iphone..its jailbroken but i want to back it up so i have my contacts etc. and can update to ios 5 and then put the back up on the iphone..how do i do it..

ovidiu1305

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
You connect the iphone to itunes,sellect from the top part of itunes what to syncronize ( contactacts, emails, music video etc) and sellect to sincronize.before sincronizing itunes will also save a backup.you can also save a backup by right clicking oj your iphone name in itunes and sellect to make backup. be carefull about updating to 5.0 because the jailbreak is tether and if you need an unlock you have to restore using custom firmware

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro