Need help with 3GS unlock/jb info.

eyeheartlax

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright, currently I'm on a 3GS unlocked and on T-Mobile, with a jailbreak on it as well. I'm running on iOS 4.2.1 I need some help with the fact that, if I upgrade it to iOS 5, when it comes out, will I be able to unlock it again, so that I can still use it on T-Mobile? I don't mind losing my jailbreak items, I've only got a few apps and themes and a couple of cydgets. I can just re-download those if needed. I guess this is kind of confusing.. If I upgrade my iPhone to iOS 5 when it comes out, will I be able to unlock/jailbreak it again? If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The devs will have to create a new unlock. No telling how long that could take. If you want to remain unlocked I suggest not upgrading to os 5 until an unlock has been announced.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
As you might be guessing, the jb and unlock are two separate but related issues. The most important thing for you to know is this: DO NOT UPDATE VIA ITUNES. Reason being, your unlock (unless you're using a Gevey SIM) relies on your phone having an older baseband, and if you update in iTunes your baseband will get updated to a version that cannot be unlocked.

There are tools/programs that will help you update without changing your baseband. (See above posts.) Best bet: check in again when you're ready to update.

eyeheartlax

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the answers. Now that iOS 5 is out, I'm looking for someone to really confirm what I'm asking. If I update my phone right now, will I be able to JB/Unlock it?
iPhone 3GS
MC model
Currently on version 4.3.3
And my baseband is 06.15.00
Thanks ahead of time.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess that's cool.. This is a very inactive forum.. >_<

Well, every one of your four posts has been about this and several people have given you answers already...sorry if that's too inactive for you. Just go read this post and be sure to read all the updates. I hope it all works out for you.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner