Alright, currently I'm on a 3GS unlocked and on T-Mobile, with a jailbreak on it as well. I'm running on iOS 4.2.1 I need some help with the fact that, if I upgrade it to iOS 5, when it comes out, will I be able to unlock it again, so that I can still use it on T-Mobile? I don't mind losing my jailbreak items, I've only got a few apps and themes and a couple of cydgets. I can just re-download those if needed. I guess this is kind of confusing.. If I upgrade my iPhone to iOS 5 when it comes out, will I be able to unlock/jailbreak it again? If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.
    10-09-2011 07:32 PM
    You will need to wait until an appropriate jailbreak/unlock is available on iOS 5 before you do this, otherwise you will not be able to use the phone unlocked in that fashion.
    10-10-2011 07:13 PM
    Right now there is a tethered jailbreak for iOS 5 available through redsn0w. If I were you, I'd wait till an untethered jb comes along.
    10-13-2011 02:57 AM
    Yeah, I would wait for untethered jailbreak. Also, ultrasn0w needs to support 3GS on iOS 5. Idk what's the status on that, I haven't checked. Also, when you upgrade to iOS 5, I think you need to preserve your baseband or else you'll end up with a baseband that isn't unlockable.
    eyeheartlax likes this.
    10-13-2011 05:31 AM
    Thanks RedChirp!
    To keep my BB I just have to create my own firmware with like sn0wbreeze or something, right?
    10-13-2011 09:11 AM
    Thanks RedChirp!
    To keep my BB I just have to create my own firmware with like sn0wbreeze or something, right?
    That's correct.
    10-13-2011 02:53 PM
    3gs locked sim by accident
    help,stuck
    10-14-2011 04:26 PM
    3gs locked sim by accident
    help,stuck
    Yeahhh.. You're gonna need to post a bit more info.
    Like your firmware, or wanted firmware and what you jailbroke it with.
    10-14-2011 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD