Need help with 3GS unlock/jb info.

eyeheartlax

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Alright, currently I'm on a 3GS unlocked and on T-Mobile, with a jailbreak on it as well. I'm running on iOS 4.2.1 I need some help with the fact that, if I upgrade it to iOS 5, when it comes out, will I be able to unlock it again, so that I can still use it on T-Mobile? I don't mind losing my jailbreak items, I've only got a few apps and themes and a couple of cydgets. I can just re-download those if needed. I guess this is kind of confusing.. If I upgrade my iPhone to iOS 5 when it comes out, will I be able to unlock/jailbreak it again? If you could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You will need to wait until an appropriate jailbreak/unlock is available on iOS 5 before you do this, otherwise you will not be able to use the phone unlocked in that fashion.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I would wait for untethered jailbreak. Also, ultrasn0w needs to support 3GS on iOS 5. Idk what's the status on that, I haven't checked. Also, when you upgrade to iOS 5, I think you need to preserve your baseband or else you'll end up with a baseband that isn't unlockable.

Reactions: eyeheartlax

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR