Hey . I recently jailbroke my Iphone 3g with redsn0w to firmware 4.2.1 . After installing the firmware , everything was working fine epect for my Wifi . Whenever I go to the wifi settings it shows "Connections" with the spinning circle next to it , but no Wifi conenctions appear , even when I place my iphone directly next to my wireless router . My laptop picks up the wifi perfectly as well . I have tried everything from resetting the network settings to going into airplane mode and restarting my iphone . Anyone else has this problem and knows how to fix it ? All help is appreciated
    10-09-2011 11:28 AM
    Restore it and see if wifi works
    If it does proceed to jailbreak it, if wifi stops working, restore and stay unjailbroken unless you don't want wifi
    10-09-2011 12:11 PM
    I don't think i can restore without jailbreaking . I would keep getting the 1015 error on Itunes
    10-09-2011 12:26 PM
    Why do you say that? Restoring on a 3G is generally a lot easier than it is on other models. You might also consider using whited00r to build your firmwareit might give you a better experience, performance-wise, on a 3G.

Whited00r
    10-09-2011 12:47 PM
    I have tried restoring , and I get the 1015 error so I have to jailbreak . And how do I use this Whited00r firmware ?
    10-09-2011 12:51 PM
    If you google around you'll probably find ways to get out of that errorFix Recovery or some similar program, or maybe just editing your hosts file, I think.

As for whited00r, more info and installation instructions are available on their site: Whited00r Installation Guide
    Basically it gives you a lot of the benefits of newer firmwares without all the slowdown. More info here as well: Whited00r Firmware Provides Jailbreak and Unlock for Older iDevices
    10-09-2011 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD