Jailbreaking and Warranty Issues

Pre3not4me

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey,

This is my first thread on this site and I'm looking for a little help. I was left out in the cold by HP with them cancelling the release of the Pre3. I currently have a Palm Pre and went crazy with the Homebrew tweaks and want to do the same when I get an iPhone in the next week or two. Whenever I had an issue with the phone (there were many...) and had to take it in the store, I'd wipe all the traces of hacking the phone before going into the store as not to somehow void my warranty.

I just want to know if this is the same with jailbreaking an iPhone? I want to be able to customize my phone like I did with the Pre, but I'm just concerned about getting turned down for service if my phone breaks.

Thanks for any help on clearing this up

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Same thing with iDevices. You have to restore to factory os to remove the jb traces. It's easy as clicking the restore button in iTunes

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You really should never have to take a Idevice to your local Apple store or local carrier. Anything that goes wrong aside from breaking the phone by dropping it or water damage can be fixed here.

Josh

Pre3not4me

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
thanks for the replies. this is my first time with an iphone so its good to know everything will go similarly. i'm going to need to jailbreak since multifl0w is a must because i'm so used to cards on the pre already lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2