Unjailbreaking a phone that can't sync with iTunes

peachytiff

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Ok guys.

I am a serious amateur here with a very uncommon issue.

I have a Macbook and my software is very old. I have the most recent version of Tiger. I would update to leopard, but my cd slot has been jammed for awhile and won't read anything I put in there. Because of this, my iTunes software is out of date and it won't allow me to sync to my new iPhone 4 which I bought in May.

Anyway, a friend jailbroke my phone for me and I find I don't really end up using it because Cydia is too complicated and confusing for me. Plus, my phone seems more 'buggy' to me since the jailbreak. And today I wanted to start using iBooks but have realized that it won't work on a jailbroken device.

Any ideas on how to unjailbreak my phone without hooking up to iTunes and without losing all my photos/videos, etc??

TIA!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can't do both things you've asked for. If you don't have access to a computer or a friend with a computer then you could email all the photos you want to make sure you don't lose. Then take it to an Apple store and ask them to do a restore for you. Tell them your Mac isn't up to date enough. If they notice you're JBen tell them a friend, son, wife, girlfriend did it and you want it restored to remove it. If you can get use of a friend's computer then do a backup, restore and restore from your backup to put your data back.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys.

I am a serious amateur here with a very uncommon issue.

I have a Macbook and my software is very old. I have the most recent version of Tiger. I would update to leopard, but my cd slot has been jammed for awhile and won't read anything I put in there. Because of this, my iTunes software is out of date and it won't allow me to sync to my new iPhone 4 which I bought in May.

Anyway, a friend jailbroke my phone for me and I find I don't really end up using it because Cydia is too complicated and confusing for me. Plus, my phone seems more 'buggy' to me since the jailbreak. And today I wanted to start using iBooks but have realized that it won't work on a jailbroken device.

Any ideas on how to unjailbreak my phone without hooking up to iTunes and without losing all my photos/videos, etc??

TIA!

You can update iTunes over wifi without using your CD drive. Just tell it to check for Updates. (Unless newer versions aren't supported on Tiger?) That might be easier, and then you can actually sync your new phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2