OpenSSH
Overboard
PagePusher
PasswordPilit
PdaNet
PowerSaver
Remove Background SBSetting
RetinaPad
SBSettings - Now out of date compared to notification center type replacement listed below
ScreenDimmer
Serious SBSettings HD
Silent Vibrate SBSettings
Slideaway - New for ios5 replaces lockino and native slide to answer on lockscreen. Give you a Phone and Text icon thats themed already for the slider. The opening the phone slider is now slide up and slise down. It has many options. I think Lockinfo is dead now because of this.
SMS+ - Adds quick reply, quick compose and options as a addon to the factory messages app. No need for bitesms, quickreply, etc anymore after SMS+
SpringFlash + SBSettings Toggle
StayOpened
SuperSlider
TetherMe
Veency
WiFi Booster

The first 3 are new ios5 specific jailbroken apps for notification center

1. SlideCenter
2. UISettings or BBsettings- Like a SBsettings for notification center
3. WeeTwitter Widget
Spring Prefs
Battery Center
WeeTwitter
There around 15-20 notification jailbreak widgets I've seen and tested. You need to google each to get the repos. Big Boss has a big repo for ios5 apps.

4. Activator
5. Mobile Terminal
6. Ifile
7. Direct Closer Pro
8. Winterboard - If small reboot
9. SBsettings - Do Not install yet, it gave me major problems and had to re jailbreak ios5 for a second time, everything else seems great.
10. OpenSSH
11. iFUNbox
12. AFC2ADD
13. 5 Icon Dock

All should work in the lists. I've seen around 15 notification center tweaks. Reply here if you guys know of other apps that are working.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
FullScreen for Safari? have you seen that one?

i'm ready to JB but just for certain things. these Devs have had plenty of time to get their **** together

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
To add to this thread. Guys do not try SBsettings on ios5. Made me do a full restore and re jailbreak. After the install I had all my screens go to about a quarter of the phones screen. So small you couldn't click anything. So as far as I've experienced SBsettings is not ready at all. Not even close to useable.

MyWi is working great
PDAnet supposedly works on Ios5 but not for me MyWi is perfect.

I've tested Resupported and its fine but TVout2 does not work

NoSpot works

I'm really scared to try Winterboard for some reason. But there are notification center themes available.

Here are the links to the Repos that need to be added to get these ios5 specific apps

WrightsCS Cydia Repo - For Battery Center Notification Center widget & 1 other
ios5beta's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com (This guy added all notification center widgets, ect to one repo to make things easier, this is a must repo
http://thebigboss.org/ios5beta/ - Around 10 or so widgets for iOS5 notification center, do not install SBSettings from here either.
sticktron's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com - Cant remember the name of the app

Reactions: Invid

techbyter

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
ibluever on ipod touch not working....it sends the device on safe mode on restart/respring..i tried to use it in safe mode, it couldnt open up bluetooth..i am restoring my ipod not due to this.......sbSettings works for me.......xBackup not working, crashes on startup...

Invid

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Here are the links to the Repos that need to be added to get these ios5 specific apps...
Thanks. Those are exactly the links I was looking for.

Anyone else noticing the much lower free memory on iOS5? I may not be able to theme anymore until I can get my hands on a 4S to replace my 3GS.

I usually find I only have about 100MB free after a reboot now. My poor 3GS.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. Those are exactly the links I was looking for.

Anyone else noticing the much lower free memory on iOS5? I may not be able to theme anymore until I can get my hands on a 4S to replace my 3GS.

I usually find I only have about 100MB free after a reboot now. My poor 3GS.

Yes, I might have been one of the first to report on here a issue with available RAM on ios5. Iphone 3GS are capable of having 150-160 mb's of free RAM and Iphone 4 is capable of 340-350 mb's of RAM. I'm leaning towards notification center over ios5 using more resources. But who knows I'm not a dev so not that educated, lol.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Five Icon Dock went from working to not. Five Icon Dock will force you to have to do some tricky things to get the phone back in order. Right now guys don't install 5 icon dock on ios5. Also if you are wanting to theme your phone now on ios5 only use dreamboard. Winterboard requires WinterFix in a repo i'm not sure about and you still have to do a couple steps to get it 100%. Phone will go into 1/4 screen. Than must go into safe mode and than respring. To get the 1/4 screen away. 5 icon dock puts phone into recovery mode connect to itunes. And using redsnow to reboot or even get out of recovery mode doesn't work. Kinda of annoying since five icon dock did work. I uninstalled everything because of a RAM usage and was checking what cydia were taking up RAM. On reinstall of 5 icon dock is when my problem happened.

Last edited:

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
For guys worrying about compatible apps on ios5. Cydia apps are pretty good at saying compatible with your Ios. I've noticed the updates are started to roll in.

Last edited:

spanishcop

Mar 25, 2009
Visit site
Lol

LOL Mustang.... I just posted the same sheet trying to help others......

Moderator needs to make a STICKY out of this chart link so we can ALL GO TO THE SAME PLACE to check for udpates...... instead of having several posts with updates being placed randomly in the forum.

Just my thoughts.

Oh well..... thanks for posting the chart up as well.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Weird about SBSettings and FiveIconDock; I've been running both with no issues so far...maybe you had a conflict with another app?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Finally had my first issue tonight with my iOS 5 jailbreak...went to unlock my phone and had a Safe Mode crash. Luckily it only required a respring. Only thing I noticed is that I seemed to receive a text just as I was unlocking.

Also had a strange graphic while it was restarting: it sort of looked like a jagged 1/2 inch square in the middle of the screen, made up of three horizontal bars. But everything started up again with no issues.

MustangLife

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Finally had my first issue tonight with my iOS 5 jailbreak...went to unlock my phone and had a Safe Mode crash. Luckily it only required a respring. Only thing I noticed is that I seemed to receive a text just as I was unlocking.

Also had a strange graphic while it was restarting: it sort of looked like a jagged 1/2 inch square in the middle of the screen, made up of three horizontal bars. But everything started up again with no issues.

I'm on the 4S now sadly no jailbreak. So no more testing cydia compatible apps for me. You guys gotta get Slideaway and CallBar in Cydia. These are ios5 specific jailbreak apps. You will love them.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
To add to this thread. Guys do not try SBsettings on ios5. Made me do a full restore and re jailbreak. After the install I had all my screens go to about a quarter of the phones screen. So small you couldn't click anything. So as far as I've experienced SBsettings is not ready at all. Not even close to useable.

MyWi is working great
PDAnet supposedly works on Ios5 but not for me MyWi is perfect.

I've tested Resupported and its fine but TVout2 does not work

NoSpot works

I'm really scared to try Winterboard for some reason. But there are notification center themes available.

Here are the links to the Repos that need to be added to get these ios5 specific apps

WrightsCS Cydia Repo - For Battery Center Notification Center widget & 1 other
ios5beta's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com (This guy added all notification center widgets, ect to one repo to make things easier, this is a must repo
http://thebigboss.org/ios5beta/ - Around 10 or so widgets for iOS5 notification center, do not install SBSettings from here either.
sticktron's Repository - MyRepoSpace.com - Cant remember the name of the app

Had the same shrinking problem after I installed the new Wintereboard for ios 5, went ahead and restored and did jailbreak again and going to to try to install just the Winterboard to see if that was the problem, will update when done.

bcarruth62

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like SBSettings had issues with updated Winterboard release. I jailbroke my phone again and installed just the Winterboard and it seems to be working fine. Will wait to add on SBSettings again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73