Right, not having SHSH for 4.2.8 means you can't use it now that there is a newer firmware. As for the task manager, there isn't a similar one, but (and you probably know this) you can kill your apps yourself: double click Home button, tap and hold an icon in the multitasking tray, tap the red X on the apps you want to kill.
    10-07-2011 12:45 PM
    Right, not having SHSH for 4.2.8 means you can't use it now that there is a newer firmware. As for the task manager, there isn't a similar one, but (and you probably know this) you can kill your apps yourself: double click Home button, tap and hold an icon in the multitasking tray, tap the red X on the apps you want to kill.
    Yea I know that way was just looking for something more similiar to the one I had prior. I guess I was spoiled on it. Thats cool. So do you know by any chance when the IOS5 is supposed to come out?

Oh another newbie question.....would there be anyway for someone to give me the SHSH file for 4.2.8? Or is it pretty much phone specific? Also is that even possible?
    10-07-2011 01:56 PM
    iOS 5 should be out in a week or so. A jb (maybe tethered at first) should follow fairly quickly if the reports are right. As for the SHSH, they are specific to each phone, sorry. At least now you know to save them right away--live and learn!
    10-07-2011 02:14 PM
    iOS 5 should be out in a week or so. A jb (maybe tethered at first) should follow fairly quickly if the reports are right. As for the SHSH, they are specific to each phone, sorry. At least now you know to save them right away--live and learn!
    Talk about live and learn! I dont remember my first jailbreak being this much of a pain!!! But yea Im learning as I go. Wow so IOS5 is litterally right around the corner! Cool Ill just deal with this for now and try to enjoy the phone as a regular phone for once and keep up to date with the jb's and IOS5. Thanks again for everything and I may end up bugging you again if you dont mind!
    10-07-2011 02:42 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD