I'm relatively new to ios devices and jailbreaking. Somehow I missed everything about saving shsh blobs and therefore have none saved. I've searched but haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

Is there any possible way to downgrade to 4.3.3 without blobs? Can I create my own blobs? Can I use someone else's blob file? Is there anyway to edit someone else's blob file to make it my own?

I've tried a tethered jailbreak several times and I can't seem to get it to work or I would just go that route.
    10-05-2011 11:58 AM
    I'm relatively new to ios devices and jailbreaking. Somehow I missed everything about saving shsh blobs and therefore have none saved. I've searched but haven't been able to find a definitive answer.

Is there any possible way to downgrade to 4.3.3 without blobs? Can I create my own blobs? Can I use someone else's blob file? Is there anyway to edit someone else's blob file to make it my own?

I've tried a tethered jailbreak several times and I can't seem to get it to work or I would just go that route.
    No, no and no. However, there was an option in Cydia to auto save blobs, so while you need your own blobs to go back, it's possible that you have them and don't realize it.

Can't help more but I'm sure the JB crew can assist in helping you determine if you have them if they exist.
    10-05-2011 12:01 PM
    Thank you and thats what I figured. How can I get into to see if they're saved if I'm no longer jailbroken?
    10-05-2011 12:09 PM
    When you were Jailbroken on 4.3.3 did you ever open Cydia? If you did then it's probably saved. If you want to find out get the 4.3.3 ipsw file and follow the first link in my sig. This will tell you how to use Tiny Umbrella to point at Cydia's servers for authorization(uses blobs). Put your phone into DFU mode and do a Shift(Windows)/Option(Mac) + Restore and point to the 4.3.3 ipsw. If your blobs are saved the procedure will succeed and your phone will be on 4.3.3, if it fails at authorization then your blobs aren't saved.

Why doesn't your tethered JB run?
    10-05-2011 05:39 PM
    I did but I don't think they saved. I tried your procedure several times and it never worked.

The tethered didn't work cuz I missed the fact I had to reboot immediately after jailbreaking. I got it all working now. Thank you.
    10-05-2011 08:04 PM
    OK glad you got it working, now make sure your SHSH blobs are saved now that you know. As far as I know all you have to do is go into Cydia before a new version is released and the blobs will be automatically saved. If there is a short window between versions and Cydia is swamped with requests then sometimes they wont be saved so you also have the option of using Tiny Umbrella to save them locally on your machine.
    10-06-2011 11:16 AM
    10-06-2011 12:05 PM
    I tried that^^^ and couldnt get it to work either. The only thing i could find about it was the cydia servers the host file points to were no longer online. Maybe I'll try it again, but so far the tethered jb hasn't been as big of a pain in the *** as I initially thought it would be.

I'll probably just wait till jb apps are updated for ios 5 (specifically lockinfo) and its untethethered.
    10-06-2011 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD