Is it even worthwhile to jailbreak on ios5 yet. Ive been hearing redsn0w will work on ios5 thats what I've been running on 4.3.5 for a few days now. Downloaded the newest Itunes for ios5 and got the 5.0 firmware and now Ios5 Iphone4. Are Cydia apps tested on ios5 yet or any pre-confirmed app listings that have been proven to work on ios5.

To those aren't sure of updated to 5.0. The release today is the final (GM) version the public will see on the 12th of this month. 7 days from now.

Josh
    10-04-2011 10:36 PM
    Redsn0w does indeed work with the GM:
    How to Jailbreak iOS 5 GM With RedSn0w [Video Tutorial]
    Sn0wbreeze was updated as well, for people who want to go that route:
    Jailbreak iOS 5 GM on Windows with Sn0wBreeze

...though I'm guessing a lot of jb apps won't run on the new firmware yet.
    10-05-2011 12:24 AM
    ...though I'm guessing a lot of jb apps won't run on the new firmware yet.
    This. And most of the things you will find in Cydia haven't been upgraded to support iOS5 yet. Also, it's tethered, but that never really bothered me when I had 4.2.10
    10-05-2011 09:37 AM
    The first 3 are new ios5 specific jailbroken apps for notification center

1. SlideCenter
    2. UISettings - Like a SBsettings for notification center
    3. WeeTwitter Widget

4. Activator
    5. Mobile Terminal
    6. Ifile
    7. Direct Closer Pro
    8. Winterboard - If small reboot
    9. SBsettings seems to have had trouble in beta but now working with ios5 GM
    10. OpenSSH
    11. iFUNbox
    12. AFC2ADD
    13. 5 Icon Dock

Some of course might be buggy. But all should work. I'm as of yesterday on Ios5 GM and fixing to jailbreak myself with the newest resn0w for the final ios5 release. Anyone know of any recent links,etc to confirmed jailbroken apps or new ios5 specific apps reply here. But guys wondering about jailbreaking ios5; it is so clean, stable, and the setup process after your upgrade to ios5 on itunes that you do on your phone itself is so cool. Setting up Icloud, etc. Believe it or not but going from 4.3.3, 4.3.4 or 4.3.5 to 5.0 is faster than normal and the file is a little bigger than ios4 files.
    10-05-2011 03:06 PM
    IMO whenever firmware is released it's always best to wait a week or so before doing a JB on the firmware. Personally I don't even bother JBing on beta software but since the GM is pretty much close to perfect usually give Cydia and the JB devs time to tweak the apps and you should experience less hurt. I've been tethered on 4.3.5 and people make it out to be more painful than it really is :P
    10-05-2011 04:32 PM
    Sucks we won't have an untethered iOS 5 Jb for a long while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    10-05-2011 08:53 PM
    Sucks we won't have an untethered iOS 5 Jb for a long while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Actually they do. They just don't want to release it yet just I case apple patches it before the public release
    10-05-2011 09:02 PM
    actually they do. They just don't want to release it yet just i case apple patches it before the public release
    noice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-05-2011 09:18 PM
    IMO whenever firmware is released it's always best to wait a week or so before doing a JB on the firmware. Personally I don't even bother JBing on beta software but since the GM is pretty much close to perfect usually give Cydia and the JB devs time to tweak the apps and you should experience less hurt. I've been tethered on 4.3.5 and people make it out to be more painful than it really is :P
    In mose cases yes. But since this software has been available since june a little over 3 months. And at that time apps were compatible, maybe 25 at the start of the first beta version of ios5. I'm running happily jailbroken on Ios5.

There are 13-15 total Notification Center Widgets in Cydia

Not only is it cool to have a GM release of Ios5 but with so many Cydia apps working like below, I don't see it has any reason to wait. Just don't go installing something that has been said to not work...

MyWi
    Activator
    SBSettings
    Apptivator
    Clean Status
    Delete Word
    Five Icon Dock
    iFile
    Last App
    Manual Correct Pro
    CyDelete
    NoSpot
    Resupported
    Backgrounder
    Open Notifier

To name some
    10-06-2011 04:22 AM
    In mose cases yes. But since this software has been available since june a little over 3 months. And at that time apps were compatible, maybe 25 at the start of the first beta version of ios5. I'm running happily jailbroken on Ios5.

There are 13-15 total Notification Center Widgets in Cydia

Not only is it cool to have a GM release of Ios5 but with so many Cydia apps working like below, I don't see it has any reason to wait. Just don't go installing something that has been said to not work...

sounds good but I can wait I'm happily on 4.3.5 so I can live for two months after it's out officially and I know everything is honky dory
    10-06-2011 11:08 AM
    Worked for me, just jailbroke my Iphone 4 with Ios5 GM, with RedSn0w, but I now have a huge problem.

None of my jailbreak apps, including my3g, tonefxs,winterboard,respring,fakecarrier,pdanet,if ile,mxtube,unlimtones,activator,cydelete,flashlock ,opennotifier, tetherme, will install, and some won't even show up.

I get the error" Note: Cannot Locate Package.........."
    10-06-2011 06:39 PM
    Worked for me, just jailbroke my Iphone 4 with Ios5 GM, with RedSn0w, but I now have a huge problem.

None of my jailbreak apps, including my3g, tonefxs,winterboard,respring,fakecarrier,pdanet,if ile,mxtube,unlimtones,activator,cydelete,flashlock ,opennotifier, tetherme, will install, and some won't even show up.

I get the error" Note: Cannot Locate Package.........."
    After you did the full jailbreak. Did you go back into Redsnow and click extras and than click just boot and do the same dfu mode and let it do its thing. If not that should do the trick.
    10-06-2011 07:37 PM
    After you did the full jailbreak. Did you go back into Redsnow and click extras and than click just boot and do the same dfu mode and let it do its thing. If not that should do the trick.
    Ah, I didn't even notice that part. I'm trying it over again.
    10-06-2011 08:34 PM
    Ah, I didn't even notice that part. I'm trying it over again.
    Yep this is a very important step I did the same thing lol

"Think Different"
    ~ Steve Jobs ~
    10-06-2011 08:40 PM
    The first 3 are new ios5 specific jailbroken apps for notification center

1. SlideCenter
    2. UISettings - Like a SBsettings for notification center
    3. WeeTwitter Widget
    I've not been able to find UISettings anywhere. I think it may have been discontinued.

The nearest analogue I've seen is PowerCenter, which is paid, has more features (than I want), and also has some serious issues with its touch targets being too small. It's ugly too, unless you pay for the pro version.

Anyone know where I can find UISettings?
    10-07-2011 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD