How long do you think it will be now that the gm will likely be out in less than 24 hours?
    10-03-2011 09:45 PM
    Maybe a few days a jailbreak will be out if not a few hours to a day after release but a tethered one because they want to see if apple will update yet again when the iPhone is officially released
    10-03-2011 09:48 PM
    Maybe a few days a jailbreak will be out if not a few hours to a day after release but a tethered one because they want to see if apple will update yet again when the iPhone is officially released
    I'm talking about a jailbreak of the public release, I hope we don't have to wait months again..
    10-04-2011 12:57 AM
    Considering that the Chronic Dev Team has announced at least five jailbreak exploits, I don't think you'll have to wait very long at all. What jeffrey101 was saying, I think, is that the first one might be tethered in case Apple is ready with a quick update. That way we don't burn an untethered exploit on a jb that won't last.
    10-04-2011 01:11 AM
    Considering that the Chronic Dev Team has announced at least five jailbreak exploits, I don't think you'll have to wait very long at all. What jeffrey101 was saying, I think, is that the first one might be tethered in case Apple is ready with a quick update. That way we don't burn an untethered exploit on a jb that won't last.
    I wish the Dev teams wouldn't announce stuff life that. Cause it motivates Apple to patch those exploits and use them as titled security patch updates. Seems also theres alot more Iphone Dev Teams than Apple has working for them. And for modification purposes Apple is behind the Dev Teams. But really, when a dev team announces 5 exploits month before a release. Guarantee some people in Apples tech department are scrambling to figure out how to fix it. Like garbage updates like 4.3.5.
    redbeard and icebox93 like this.
    10-04-2011 02:35 PM
    From @MuscleNerd on twitter:

redsn0w Dev-Team Blog - redsn0w iOS5beta can already tether JB 5.0GM (select beta7 IPSW for now though, til update)
    10-04-2011 04:14 PM
    According to RedmondPie, 5 new userland exploits have been found in the iOS 5 system hopefully providing for an untether.
    10-07-2011 08:30 PM
    I wish the Dev teams wouldn't announce stuff life that. Cause it motivates Apple to patch those exploits and use them as titled security patch updates. Seems also theres alot more Iphone Dev Teams than Apple has working for them. And for modification purposes Apple is behind the Dev Teams. But really, when a dev team announces 5 exploits month before a release. Guarantee some people in Apples tech department are scrambling to figure out how to fix it. Like garbage updates like 4.3.5.
    I agree with this. Announcing something is wrong with someone's work, does cause motivation to find what is wrong and the fix for it.
    10-09-2011 01:42 AM
    To be fair, they didn't give out the codeand we're talking about an ungodly amount of coding here. It's pretty unlikely Apple will uncover the exploits in the next few days.

It's as if we went to the beach and I said "I buried a diamond somewhere along this one mile stretch of sand; if you can find it in 24 hours you can keep it!"
    icebox93 and Gigi100557 like this.
    10-09-2011 01:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD