Unlock AT&T GSM iPhone 4 for T-Mobile WITHOUT Jailbreaking?

App13s33d

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have a GSM iPhone 4 (16GB) for AT&T and I was wondering if I can unlock it and use it for T-Mobile, but I do not want to jailbreak the phone. Is there any possible way to do this? I already have a T-Mobile Micro-SIM ready, so that parts not a problem.

Thanks,

- App13s33d

jeffrey1027

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Use a gevey ultra. Works great for me with no problems. Don't be fooled by fakes though. Applenberry sell legit ones. Don't buy supremes or plus they don't work well I tried

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not interested in the Gevey Ultra, I just need a basic unlock without a jailbreak.

That is your only option for a unlock at this time. You could always sell the 4S that you have now and use the money to purchase the GSM factory unlocked 4S from Apple. This is what I'm using so I can use my AT&T and T-Mobile sim.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I felt like the OP so what I did was to sell my locked phone and buy a factory unlocked one from a private party in Canada. Apparently Apple sells these phones there. I just slipped in my T-Mob sim and all went smoothly except I had to fiddle some for SMS to work well. Or was it MMS. Well - something.

Anyway, it's been about a year now and no problems including many upgrades of iOS.

rvk88

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I have a GSM iPhone 4 (16GB) for AT&T and I was wondering if I can unlock it and use it for T-Mobile, but I do not want to jailbreak the phone. Is there any possible way to do this? I already have a T-Mobile Micro-SIM ready, so that parts not a problem.

Thanks,

- App13s33d

Yes you can unlock your iphone4 from att network without jailbreak the phone by using remote unlock service.After unlocking your phone through remote unlocking service you can use any gsm network sim cards.You get trusted risk free remote unlocking service for your iphone4 at The Unlock Arena- Unlock Your Phone ..

t4ll30y210

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
You can do this with out jail breaking. I did ,I have a I phone 4(3G)originally from at&t service. I had it sim unlocked,then went to tmobile and got a new micro sim and the unlimited 70$ data plan. Served for the correct apn settings to work to be able to send pic messages. All this with out jail breaking. Jail breaking isn't really a good idea to do. You may get small quirks that jack with your phone like the ringer won't work or some thing acts funny. If you like the correct apn settings t mobile settings email
Me

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
You can do this with out jail breaking. I did ,I have a I phone 4(3G)originally from at&t service. I had it sim unlocked,then went to tmobile and got a new micro sim and the unlimited 70$ data plan. Served for the correct apn settings to work to be able to send pic messages. All this with out jail breaking. Jail breaking isn't really a good idea to do. You may get small quirks that jack with your phone like the ringer won't work or some thing acts funny. If you like the correct apn settings t mobile settings email
Me

You obviously aren't tech savvy :p

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
buy a factory unlocked one from a private party in Canada. Apparently Apple sells these phones there.
Apple sells factory unlocked iPhones in the US, too. You buy them directly from Apple. No subsidy, though, so you pay full retail. You can buy them used on swappa, too.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
So ignoring all of the workarounds we've given you. Did you originally purchase this phone or did you acquire it from a third party?

If it's been your phone and you've fulfilled your contract, which I'd imagine you have if you're on the 4 and looking to change, you can call AT&T and they'll unlock it for you. Then you can skip all of the hassle.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim