Just bought iPad 2 few questions

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
The iPad is on 4.3. I know it can be jailbroken, right? I know the devs are working on JB for iOS 5. That is still on sked for release soon? Just trying to figure how long I have to wait for a jailbreak. I hate going pure.

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
4.3.3, 4.3.4 or 4.3.5?

4.3.3 just go to jailbreakme.com and be done with it.

4.3.4 or 4.3.5 just sit and wait for iOS 5 to come out and enjoy your iPad as Apple intended for you to enjoy it.

Mike

Gary86

Jul 28, 2009
Visit site
Well damn...I know the devs have jailbroken the BETAs of iOS5...hopefully once it is released in a couple of weeks the devs will have a solid jailbreak and just release it

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I still have mine at 4.3.3 but haven't decided to JB it or not yet, going to do some more reading... I think having the iPad jailbroken could be more useful (and I would like the FBook app lol..)

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
The iPad 2 is much more fun and useful jailbroken. My girlfriend's iPad can't be jailbroken and when I use it I feel like it's missing quite a bit.

If you don't already have Facebook 3.4.4 installed you won't be able to get the iPad version working. The most recent Facebook update removed the iPad version from the app and there's no going back unless you have it on another device or on your computer. Word is though, that the Facebook iPad app might be out by the 22nd. Just a rumor at this point, though.

Mike

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
From an ex Jailbreaker to a new purest I can say, the functions added to a JB'd iphone far out way the JB'd iPad. Really, adding themes and making non-ipad native apps into native apps are the biggies.

I would just use it as is and if an easy JB comes along for iOS5 then go for it.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
From an ex Jailbreaker to a new purest I can say, the functions added to a JB'd iphone far out way the JB'd iPad. Really, adding themes and making non-ipad native apps into native apps are the biggies.

I would just use it as is and if an easy JB comes along for iOS5 then go for it.

I agree. Always JB my iPhones and even my first 32GB iPad 2. I found JB to be much more usable on my iPhone than my iPad 2. I currently have a 64GB iPad 2 running iOS 4.3.3 and haven't bothered to JB as I don't see anything that I'm missing from the stock iOS right now. I liked customizing my iPhone 4 more and found more features worth using in Cydia, so I always JB when an untethered version is available.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

mgregg99

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Backgrounder, RetinaPad, SplitMail, 5 Row Keyboard and SBSettings are the main reasons why I like being jailbroken so much. Being able to theme it is also a big draw for me. I know it's not for everyone, and not as robust as what can be done with the iPhone, but it's enough that it makes it worthwhile for me to have.

Mike

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro