What Is This Baseband Thing Anyways?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Chances are if you lost it, your phone wouldn't work anymore. Period.

It's listed in the Settings App as Modem Firmware

Most people don't need to worry about it. The only ones that do are concerned with unlocking their phone to work on another carrier. That would not apply to you, since you have a CDMA phone which can not be activated on another network without inside help; but that's a discussion that's been had in many other threads here.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Does your service suffer? I had to put an iPad Baseband on my girlfriends phone. She says she's not getting as many bars as she usually would get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it would affect anything, but why did you have to put it on her phone? Unless she unlocked the phone for T-Mobile (guess) then it wouldn't affect anything to my knowledge, with the added "bonus" that she now can't upgrade using a normal Apple firmware until they put out an iPhone baseband higher than 06.15.

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it would affect anything, but why did you have to put it on her phone? Unless she unlocked the phone for T-Mobile (guess) then it wouldn't affect anything to my knowledge, with the added "bonus" that she now can't upgrade using a normal Apple firmware until they put out an iPhone baseband higher than 06.15.
yes, her phone is unlocked with t-mobiile. no wonder i couldnt put 4.3.3 on there