I wasn't sure exactly how to title this so the title seems either dumb or confusing. Basically, I have my Gmail account set up to fetch email from other POP accounts and label them as being from those accounts when they come in. On my Gmail online, it allows me to reply to any of those POP emails from the address to which it was sent originally (so the sender doesn't see my Gmail address but instead, the address to which they sent the original email). Mail app on the iPhone doesn't do this, it just sends from the one address unless you configure multiple accounts. Is there a tweak that will allow me to change the address from which I am sending OR, better yet, automatically know that the email to which the message was addressed and automatically use that address as the one from which I reply to the sender? I could just set up a separate email Mail account on my iPhone but then I'm stuck checking that account as well online rather than gets the benefits of having the POP account pulled by Gmail. Thanks for any suggestions.
    09-02-2011 04:16 PM
    No deal right nowthis is a big pain for me too (I work as a freelancer and use lots of addresses). Best workaround for now is to use gmail in Safari, which does respect the mailed-to address.
    talkin73 likes this.
    09-02-2011 06:22 PM
    09-02-2011 09:24 PM
    Interestingdo you know if that works when setting up Gmail as an Exchange account? I have my Gmail set up as Exchange and use it to sync mail, contacts, and calendar. Ideally, I could just add my aliases to that account, but I'd be willing to use a different setup just for mail if need be, keeping contacts/calendar synced via exchange.

Any advantages/disadvantages to that? Or can I simply add addresses to my Exchange account?
    09-02-2011 09:58 PM
    Hmm. Not sure. I think you have to use "other", so if you can still set up as exchange in the other category, it might work. Try it and see what happens!
    09-03-2011 12:55 PM
    Thanks, Leanna. I'll give this a try. Not having the option to automatically reply from the address the email was sent to seems pretty basic... real bummer it is so ubiquitous everywhere except the iPhone... if this works, it will be a real help.
    09-04-2011 08:38 PM
    I think "Mail Enhancer 2" has the function you're looking for...
    09-12-2011 09:45 AM
    I think "Mail Enhancer 2" has the function you're looking for...
    I think that just lets you change signatures, not the email address you're using.
    09-12-2011 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD