iPhone tethering?

Manny_Fresh

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
How can i use my iphone as my source of internet for my Mac book? im not up to date with all the jail braking stuff so if anyone wants to dumb it down for me that would be great, lol.

riley9dy

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
You can tether internet illegally but we're probably not supposed to talk about that here. But the alternative to that would be getting verizons tethering plan.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can do it (see mywi or pdanet fir instance) but if your carrier catches you they will make you pay for a tethering plan. Just be smart about your usage.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
You can tether internet illegally but we're probably not supposed to talk about that here. But the alternative to that would be getting verizons tethering plan.

Sure we can talk about legitimate Cydia apps... including MyWi and PDAnet! Both will allow you to USB/Wi-Fi/Blutooth tether your device... but they both break AT&T and Verizon terms of contracts because they require a tethering plan for this functionality. In recent months AT&T has been sending messages to customers using these two apps warning that they are breaking their contract and a tethering plan will forceably be added to the account if it continues. I have yet to hear of this actually happening to anyone. PDAnet has a two-level setting that supposedly hides tethering from the carrier but I have no idea if it actually works. Most agree if you use the apps sparingly you are probably ok -- it seems it was the people using 2gb+ of data that were getting the messages.

Manny_Fresh

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
thanks for everyones help! im already paying $100 a month for verizon for the cheapest plan and im not really looking to give them any more money they i have to, lol. im going to look deaper into all this stuff.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
You know that AT&T is cracking down on those jail breakers who tether. I recommend you don't tether unless you buy their plan.

Verizon is also doing the same thing, however, I have yet to read where someone actually got kicked off the unlimited data plan for tethering. Also, there are apps like PdaNet that have a toggle switch that can be turned on in order to hide tethering from AT&T. I don't know how it works, but I used it a lot when I was jailbroken and never received the text from AT&T that I needed to call them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner