Have an iPod Touch 4G version 4.3.1. I jailbroken it via Cydia, but failed to made an iTunes backup before. I understand (if I am correct in that, because I'm newbie) that if I make a restore now, iTunes will upgrade my iPod to ver 4.3.4, from which is not possible to jailbreak again. So, please, need some expert advice about which is the better strategy in my case.
    Thanks in advance for your help.
    08-22-2011 03:00 PM
    This is not a big dealyou can still make backups while jailbroken (backups and restoring are two different things). Do you need to restore for some reason?
    08-22-2011 04:12 PM
    Do you need to restore for some reason?
    Thanks, Massie.
    No, I haven't any reason to do it for now. I ask it just in case. I have read that it is strongly recomended to make an iTunes backup before jailbreaking.
    08-22-2011 04:42 PM
    Well yes it is a good idea to have an iTunes backup before jailbreaking but since everything sounds like it went ok you can just do the backup now (and do it at least every once in a while... I backup daily) to make sure you have it in case you ever need to restore.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.304213,-122.310458
    ashley9678 likes this.
    08-23-2011 03:12 PM
    If I am correct the reason to make a backup just prior to jailbreaking is so if the jailbreak process goes awry, then you have a fresh backup to restore to and proceed with the jailbreak again.
    03-10-2012 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD