How often does your phone crash and require a respring? Mine's about once or so a day. Wondering how normal this is...
    08-21-2011 10:41 AM
    Sorry to tell you, but never. The only time I respring is to update Winterboard themes or after a new install in Cydia--I don't think my iP4 has ever actually crashed. You've definitely got an issue with something you installed, or more likely, a conflict between a couple of things.
    08-21-2011 12:09 PM
    Sorry to tell you, but never. The only time I respring is to update Winterboard themes or after a new install in Cydia--I don't think my iP4 has ever actually crashed. You've definitely got an issue with something you installed, or more likely, a conflict between a couple of things.
    Hmm... how can I figure out the issue/conflict?
    08-21-2011 01:55 PM
    If it's a new thing, start with your recent installsdelete them one by one and see if the crashes stop. Or we might be able to crowdsource the cause if you can tell us what you have installed and when the crashes tend to happen.
    08-21-2011 03:11 PM
    SMS GV extension seems to make my iPod crash -- a lot.
    08-21-2011 04:10 PM
    If it's a new thing, start with your recent installsdelete them one by one and see if the crashes stop. Or we might be able to crowdsource the cause if you can tell us what you have installed and when the crashes tend to happen.
    It's not a new thing, I feel like some crashes at least once a day, and it's been that way since I jailbroke my phone...

Themes activated in winterboard I have (in order) are:
    Virginia Tech Hokies Slider
    User Wallpaper
    Glasklart Icons
    Trinity Dock
    Ios4.3 NoSlider.Theme
    Transparent Sliders
    White Icon Labels
    Solid Status Bar

Tweaks and Such:
    Lockinfo
    Activator
    Bigify
    BiteSMS
    Camera Lock
    CyDelete
    FBUploader
    Five Icon Dock
    iBlank
    Icon Renamer
    iFile
    Installous
    Lockscreen Clock Hide
    ManualCorrectPro
    MobileNotifier
    Photos Image Upload
    Pandora skips
    SpotURL
    StartDial
    TwitkaFly
    UShare

Any of those cause common issues?
    08-21-2011 06:29 PM
    I only respring when i change themes threw winterboard. I use as many tweaks as you if not more.
    08-22-2011 02:49 PM
    It's not a new thing, I feel like some crashes at least once a day, and it's been that way since I jailbroke my phone...

Themes activated in winterboard I have (in order) are:
    Virginia Tech Hokies Slider
    User Wallpaper
    Glasklart Icons
    Trinity Dock
    Ios4.3 NoSlider.Theme
    Transparent Sliders
    White Icon Labels
    Solid Status Bar

Tweaks and Such:
    Lockinfo
    Activator
    Bigify
    BiteSMS
    Camera Lock
    CyDelete
    FBUploader
    Five Icon Dock
    iBlank
    Icon Renamer
    iFile
    Installous
    Lockscreen Clock Hide
    ManualCorrectPro
    MobileNotifier
    Photos Image Upload
    Pandora skips
    SpotURL
    StartDial
    TwitkaFly
    UShare

Any of those cause common issues?
    Wow, that's a big list! I have heard some people have issues with mobile notifier but I've never used it. There is what I'd do: assuming you use sbsettings, I'd open the More menu and look at Mobile Substrate addons. There you can turn things off one by one to see if the issue clears up. These kinds of crashes tend to be Mobile Substrate related.
    08-22-2011 04:24 PM
    Wow, that's a big list! I have heard some people have issues with mobile notifier but I've never used it. There is what I'd do: assuming you use sbsettings, I'd open the More menu and look at Mobile Substrate addons. There you can turn things off one by one to see if the issue clears up. These kinds of crashes tend to be Mobile Substrate related.
    Hmm interesting advice. The thing is that there's no way of me knowing when it will crash, it just happens randomly... Maybe one time I'll be sliding to unlock and instead of the slider sliding, the screen just freezes. Or I'll be playing words with friends and try to switch to a different app and it will freeze and respring... No real pattern here...
    08-22-2011 10:14 PM
    Ah, those are the hardest crashes to figure out. It's a drag, I know. Wish I could give you more specific advice, but unfortunately it probably won't be easy to diagnose...my only other advice would be to stop using Winterboard for a couple of days to see if that helps--at least then you'd know if it was/wasn't an issue with theme conflicts (for instance you have 3 slider themes running at once). If it still happens you would know to concentrate on your tweaks/apps.

Good luck, and let us know if you figure it out!
    08-22-2011 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD