I got brave and now my phone is stuck in recovery mode

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I actually find Lockinfo to be one of the better apps in regard to battery--I think due to the skills of the dev. I've had other apps that are just tiny tweaks yet still drain battery faster.

If you're interested in giving Lockinfo another go, one thing I would suggest is not loading up a ton of RSS feeds, not having your weather update every five minutes, and so on--in other words, limit the how often it connects to the outside world instead of just your phone's info, and double check the settings (Lockinfo has a LOT of settings options!) to make sure you've got your Dim Delay, etc set up how you'd like.

(Can you tell I like Lockinfo?)

Thanks, and yes, I can tell you like it. However, I think I had my settings optimized for battery performance while using LI, but it didn't make too much difference. I've noticed my battery life did go up a little after I uninstalled it, so I think I'll pass on giving it another try. Besides, iOS 5 will be arriving shortly which will bring Notifications with it..... Thanks for the advice here, Massie. :)

kweaver

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Thank for all the battery info , would you be able to tell me why my phone keeps getting frozen and I have to do a hard restet to get it back . When ever i use it no matter what it is making taking a call checking email it will freeze on that . Dose anyone know if apple could reset a phone that was on Base band 6 or is it truly unable to ever go back .

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank for all the battery info , would you be able to tell me why my phone keeps getting frozen and I have to do a hard restet to get it back . When ever i use it no matter what it is making taking a call checking email it will freeze on that . Dose anyone know if apple could reset a phone that was on Base band 6 or is it truly unable to ever go back .

Unfortunately you won't be able to downgrade the baseband. When you install the iPad's baseband you can't reverse the process. I am not sure of the first part of you question, sorry.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I also notice you're on a 3G on 4.2.1, according to your profile. If that's the case I really can't suggest strongly enough that an upgrade--even to a 3GS, which are very affordable on contract--would make a great difference in your performance.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I also notice you're on a 3G on 4.2.1, according to your profile. If that's the case I really can't suggest strongly enough that an upgrade--even to a 3GS, which are very affordable on contract--would make a great difference in your performance.

Good pick up, I never thought to look at the profile. You are right, though. A woman I work with is running the 4.0 and even her 3G iPhone is slower than ever. She plans to upgrade to the iPhone 5 when it comes out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2