I'm OLD as dirt, and NEW at this jailbreak thing. I downloaded a couple of SMS tones, but, they don't work, and they don't show up in any part of my iphone except when I go into Winterboard themes and check them. But, they don't play.

Can anyone tell me how to activate these SMS tones? Do I sync? Do I need some kind of purchased package? UGH!! The only thing I know for sure is I NEED HELP!

Thanks to all in advance for helping the crazy old cat woman!
    Stephanie
    08-16-2011 09:39 PM
    They usually get assigned to one of the existing SMS tone -- so for instance my "chime" tone is actually a Droid tone assigned via Winterboard.
    08-16-2011 10:12 PM
    Exactly. Follow these steps:

Move your SMS tones to the top of the list in Winterboard and make sure they are checked. (You can move them by touching and holding on the box at the right of the theme name in the Select Themes area.) Winterboard will respring your phone when you exit the app.

After it resprings, go into your Settings>Sounds>Text Tone and try going through them one by one. Chances are your downloaded SMS tones have replaced one or more of those. When you find the one you want, just choose it!
    08-16-2011 10:38 PM
    Goody Goody Goody!!! I just don't know what this old woman would do without y'all to help an old gal out!! hehe Thanks so much! Y'all made my knight!!
    Steph
    08-16-2011 11:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD