Issue w/ jailbreak -- Verizon iPhone 4 4.2.10

smhjr123

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
So, I'm having an issue jailbreaking a co-workers iPhone and am turning to the community for help.

I'm using greenpois0n RE 6.1.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit (but the program is running in XP3 compatibility mode and "as an administrator").

The phone is a Verizon iPhone 4 running iOS version 4.2.10 (8E600).

The entire process seems to work fine, and greenpois0n reports a successful jailbreaking. However, when the iPhone boots up, it stays stuck in the "plug-in DFU" mode and, when I open iTunes, it tells me that I need to put the phone their restore before I can use it (obviously wiping out any progress made by the jailbreak).

Any ideas? Do you guys need more information? Help?

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Download the latest version of redsn0w. Plug the phone in, boot it up and on redsn0w select the option "Just boot tethered now".

With 4.2.10, you will have to do this every time you reboot the phone. To my knowledge there is not an untethered jailbreak out for it yet. (I didn't even know that Greenpois0n worked on it, to be honest)

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That surprises me too...I was going to suggest trying redsn0w. Nothing untethered available right now, and I've also read of some problems with the tethered jb on 4.2.10.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Download the latest version of redsn0w. Plug the phone in, boot it up and on redsn0w select the option "Just boot tethered now".

With 4.2.10, you will have to do this every time you reboot the phone.

And make sure you coworker understand this -- a tethered JB on the iPhone is not ideal for an average user and I personally wouldn't do it... too much hassle.

smhjr123

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
On the redsn0w website, it does not list iPhone 4 as a compatible device which the software will jailbreak. Should I just ignore this and plug forward?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73