Jailbreaking VZW 4.2.10 with redsn0w 0.9.8b4

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
MyWi is not working for me. I've been trying to figure out a easy way to USB tether on Fedora.

PDANet works, only via USB (Mac/windows) wifi hotspot keeps telling me to turn on wifi when it already on.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Right now I'm on 4.2.10 tethered, if I wanna go to 5 beta 6 do I need to do anything other than use the new redsn0w/sn0wbreeze with the ipsw and just follow the steps?

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Personally I had signal issues with beta 6. Had to go back to beta 5 because it would go from full bars to 1 bar then to "searching..."

Thought 4.2.10 JB didn't really work? I did it but wasn't able to install anything from Cydia.

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Personally I had signal issues with beta 6. Had to go back to beta 5 because it would go from full bars to 1 bar then to "searching..."

Thought 4.2.10 JB didn't really work? I did it but wasn't able to install anything from Cydia.

If a Cydia install required a restart it wouldn't work, but using iFunBox worked for some apps, there was compatibility issues with others/most.

As far as beta 5 then, does the process I described work? I saw some sites saying you needed to do a fresh restore to ios5, is that correct, or can I go straight from 4.2.10 to 5b5?

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
or without a developers account

You can go straight from 4.2.10 to 5 beta 5 or beta 6. If your on a pc use the latest version of Redsn0w to hacktivate your device. There are plenty of instructions out there on the net on how to install ios5 on your iphone. It's not that difficult to do at all.

Chrussell1215

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

Seven77,
I had the same issues as you when I tried upgrading using Sn0wbreeze to iOS 5 b6... I was also getting a basband error when I'd restart. I'm assuming that's the main issue. Has anyone figured this out? I am now back on 4.2.10, but want to make the jump to an iOs 5 beta if I can. You were saying you weren't having the same signal issues on b5? Is it the same process to upgrade and hacktavate b5?

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
You can go straight from 4.2.10 to 5 beta 5 or beta 6. If your on a pc use the latest version of Redsn0w to hacktivate your device. There are plenty of instructions out there on the net on how to install ios5 on your iphone. It's not that difficult to do at all.
is that untethered?

frankcis2008

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Ultra.snow jailbroken

This one could be tricky. The iphone that I have was for ATT, but then I moved to China and got it jailbroken so that it works under China Unicom. Before coming to China I tried to jailbrake the phone myself. I am not sure if I was successful, but I used a cydia app called ultra.snow. I also downloaded an app through cydia called iFile? to delete the music off my iphone for more space when I was traveling around Europe. I wanted to download podcasts with the wifi connections that I found in Europe. Anyway, it let me delete the music, but left the names of the songs on my iphone with a huge amount of "other" space used. I never got the chance to reset my phone before coming to China and getting it unlocked for China Unicom, so now I am affraid that if I restore my factory settings, than I will unjailbreak my phone and have to go through all of the hastle of setting it up for China Unicom. I am wondering if anyone knows how to get rid of all this empty other space, so I can put more music and files onto my iphone... Any ideas?

matrim

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
saw muscle nerd's tweet from last week (specifically regarding update 7 and 7b)

from his link:
"Last but not least, we fixed some lingering Verizon iPhone4 4.2.10 JB issues."​

So i gave 0.9.8b7 a whirl and have installed (with tethered reboots to test)
  • Mobile Substrate
  • Winterboard
  • Tap to Unlock Retina HD Clear
  • Infinidock
  • Infiniboard
  • Infinifolders
  • BiteSMS
  • Activator
  • Airplane sbsettings toggle
  • SBsettings
  • SBsettingstoggles
  • Serious SBsettings hd

It's a tethered jailbreak, but it works!

Cheers and all props to the dev-team!
-m

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
saw muscle nerd's tweet from last week (specifically regarding update 7 and 7b)

from his link:
"Last but not least, we fixed some lingering Verizon iPhone4 4.2.10 JB issues."​

So i gave 0.9.8b7 a whirl and have installed (with tethered reboots to test)
  • Mobile Substrate
  • Winterboard
  • Tap to Unlock Retina HD Clear
  • Infinidock
  • Infiniboard
  • Infinifolders
  • BiteSMS
  • Activator
  • Airplane sbsettings toggle
  • SBsettings
  • SBsettingstoggles
  • Serious SBsettings hd

It's a tethered jailbreak, but it works!

Cheers and all props to the dev-team!
-m

Are you saying the jailbreak for 4.2.10 finally works?!

c8169

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
is it me or is iblacklist slowing down jailbreak ios 4.2.10. i installed it 2 or 3 times and when screen is off for a while and i press home button to turn back on it freezes so when i uninstalled it now my phone works fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative