Jailbreaking VZW 4.2.10 with redsn0w 0.9.8b4

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
If your stuck without a jailbreak you can use sn0wbreeze (the latest meant for iOS 5b5) to get iOS w/o dev acc & get your jailbreak back. I did it for the jailbreak, not to have ios5. I would go back to 4.2.8, but can't.

Tpthai

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Wow! this is great. i opened up cydia on the 4.2.10 tether jailbreak. and I seen all of my shsh boobs at the top, dated all the way back to 4.2.6. so I found this site and was able to get back to 4.2.8. Jailbreak!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I went and downloaded the the firmware for the device that I wanted to downgrade to. Downloaded redsn0w mac 0.9.8b4. I also downloaded the latest version of Tiny Umbrella and made sure that my itunes was current.

On my mac I went in and changed the host files to point to Cydia's servers.

I backed up my phone, the proceeded to put it in DFU mode.

Started Tiny Umbrella and clicked "save shsh" and then clicked "start tss server"

I open itunes and it automatically detects that my device is in recovery mode. I hit restore while clicking the option key.

The device looks like it is going to restore but itunes always gives me an error message.

Tiny Umbrella is saying that I only have my 4.2.10 shsh saved. Cydia says I have my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 saved.

Try these steps
iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone Firmware Using TinyUmbrella (Mac)

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow! this is great. i opened up cydia on the 4.2.10 tether jailbreak. and I seen all of my shsh boobs at the top, dated all the way back to 4.2.6. so I found this site and was able to get back to 4.2.8. Jailbreak!

Lucky! My only option was to use the latest sn0wbreeze. Cydia didn't have my 4.2.8 shsh blobs. Congrats on getting back to 4.2.8 though. :)

Reactions: c8169

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
If your stuck without a jailbreak you can use sn0wbreeze (the latest meant for iOS 5b5) to get iOS w/o dev acc & get your jailbreak back. I did it for the jailbreak, not to have ios5. I would go back to 4.2.8, but can't.

do you have a link walking you how to do this? I don't have a developers account so I am unsure on how to activate my device.

c8169

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
do you have a link walking you how to do this? I don't have a developers account so I am unsure on how to activate my device.

would you be on ios5 and how would you get back to ios 4.2.10 to finally upgrade to ios 5 when it comes out

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. I found a step by step guide. It's pretty easy. I'll find the link.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Make sure you backup your phone and SHSH blobs. Nobody is responsible for breaking your phone but you. (just so I don't get blamed for something going wrong)

Not all tweaks/apps work with iOS 5. Some may break your device.

For example, I'm unable to correctly edit my posts on tapatalk. (missing keyboard, otherwise the app works fine)

Maybe a better guide could be written or there might be a better one laying around.

---

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
awesome. Glad you didn't run into any problems. :)

---

Yeah... It works well. I downloaded ios 5 beta 5 and now beta 6 is out. lol. I want to try it, but I dont want to lose anything, ya know?!

Have you tried beta 6?

have you seen a working ios 5 working jailbreak app list?

Last edited:

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. I want to go to 6 and I heard it works with sn0wbreeze, but might just sit tight for the time being. Everything seems to be working fine, with the expected glitches of course. Yes, I do run into a list someone had created with working/not working apps/tweaks. I'll have to locate that link again. I do know winter board throws the device into safe mode, for me at least. I remember the list saying dreamboard works... I'll have to grab that link. :)

---

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
SBSettings doesnt work on 4.2.10. If your talking about ios 5 then you would want to use BB Settings.

I am on 4.2.10, not sure if I want to go to 5 yet. How about a Winterboard alternative? Winterboard won't load in 4.2.10, is there another option to add a theme to a tethered 4.2.10 jailbreak?