Jailbreaking VZW 4.2.10 with redsn0w 0.9.8b4

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried this method and it seems to not be working for me. I tried to install sbsettings and infinifolders.

I guess it depends on the tweek that you are trying to install.

Let me know if there is anything else that I need to do.

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
So there are tweaks that are workin with redsn0w on 4.2.10?

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Not that I have seen. I tried to install SBSettings and infinfolders. No luck on either. Going though ifunbox and trying to reboot didn't cause my phone to brick so thats a good thing. I still have no tweeks up and working tho.

I think the issue is that we aren't jailbreaking 4.2.10 but somehow redsn0w is allowing us to jailbreak 4.2.9 and install it on the phone. The phone's system still reads 4.2.10 for some reason. I am not sure how all of this is possible, but thats what is happening. I hope a jailbreak does come out soon, but with the possible release of OS5 in about a month I am starting to doubt it.

Reactions: c8169

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the issue is that we aren't jailbreaking 4.2.10 but somehow redsn0w is allowing us to jailbreak 4.2.9 and install it on the phone. The phone's system still reads 4.2.10 for some reason. I am not sure how all of this is possible, but thats what is happening.

I agree, I think why most of these apps are not working is because they were not designed for 4.2.10, so while we are forcing a jailbreak on the device using 4.2.9, app compatibility does not exist for 4.2.10

just wish I could Use Bite-sms and iblacklist

I noticed v5.0 of biteSMS was not available on the Hackstor website so I uploaded it here: zshare(dot)net/download/9380010153b58c2b
I can confirm this works using the iFunBox method, with minor bugs (cannot override native SMS app as default, some button/heading labeling issues). But functionality wise it works fine. I've been swamped at work the past few days, but am off tomorrow so hopefully I can set aside some time to look more into this.

Seven77

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
That's awesome that you were able to get a somewhat working version of biteSMS. I thought it was odd I was having to use a 4.2.9 ipsw on a 4.2.10 device to jailbreak.

---
- Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
- Twitter: @iSeven077

Tpthai

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never used iBlacklist so I'm not sure how to set it up, but I was able to get v4.0 installed and running using iFunBox
zshare(dot)net/download/93801718eba1326c/

I can not seem to get this version on my phone. I reboot the device but its not there when it comes back on. Any idea why?

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Cydia does show that the apps are installed however they are not working. SbSettings shows up in my list of installed apps but I can not activate it. I have rebooted several times.

Kind of odd

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that everytime a JBer says they "acidentally" upgraded a devil gets his horns.

Anyway did any of you try to see if you have your SHSH blobs saved? If you were on 4.2.8 and went into Cydia by my understanding just going in the store automatically saves your blobs. So to check click on the link in my signature and read about using Tiny Umbrella to point to Cydia's servers or you can Yahoo "Edit hosts file to point to Cydia servers". Then download the 4.2.8 ipsw and put your device in DFU mode connect it to iTunes hold the shift(Windows) or Option(Mac) key down and click restore. Point to the 4.2.8 ipsw and iTunes will try to restore it, if your blobs are saved it will finish and you can re-JB if they aren't it will say your device isn't eligible for the software.

Reactions: c8169

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I have to say that everytime a JBer says they "acidentally" upgraded a devil gets his horns.

Anyway did any of you try to see if you have your SHSH blobs saved? If you were on 4.2.8 and went into Cydia by my understanding just going in the store automatically saves your blobs. So to check click on the link in my signature and read about using Tiny Umbrella to point to Cydia's servers or you can Yahoo "Edit hosts file to point to Cydia servers". Then download the 4.2.8 ipsw and put your device in DFU mode connect it to iTunes hold the shift(Windows) or Option(Mac) key down and click restore. Point to the 4.2.8 ipsw and iTunes will try to restore it, if your blobs are saved it will finish and you can re-JB if they aren't it will say your device isn't eligible for the software.

I know personally I have tried this and it did not work. Cydia says that my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 blobs are saved but when I try to downgrade it will not work.

Is there anything else you can think of to try?

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

The "accidental upgrade" always makes me laugh as well. Unfortunately my iPhone came installed with 4.2.10, so I had no chance of saving lower blobs, very saddening.

MDBailey87

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
I can not seem to get this version on my phone. I reboot the device but its not there when it comes back on. Any idea why?

Not sure, have you deleted all previous versions from the phone. Including SSH into the phone and search for any stored files that may be overriding what gets installed with this version?

c8169

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
problem is i had jailbroken my verizon 4.2.8 and it saved my shsh and was listed on top of the heading
but my son installed something from cydia without my knowledge and phone wouldnt reboot correctly
(screen kept freezing) so i used i faith to save my blob and it worked then i restored and it went into a bootloop and it wouldnt exit recovery so i used tiny umbrella and pointed it to cydia and it said that i didnt have my 4.2.8 shsh saved and i guess my blob from ifaith was corrupt so im stuck on 4.2.10 and cant install any apps that use mobile substrate which sucks.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I know personally I have tried this and it did not work. Cydia says that my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 blobs are saved but when I try to downgrade it will not work.

Is there anything else you can think of to try?

How did you try to downgrade? what steps did you do?

djqstorm

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
How did you try to downgrade? what steps did you do?

I went and downloaded the the firmware for the device that I wanted to downgrade to. Downloaded redsn0w mac 0.9.8b4. I also downloaded the latest version of Tiny Umbrella and made sure that my itunes was current.

On my mac I went in and changed the host files to point to Cydia's servers.

I backed up my phone, the proceeded to put it in DFU mode.

Started Tiny Umbrella and clicked "save shsh" and then clicked "start tss server"

I open itunes and it automatically detects that my device is in recovery mode. I hit restore while clicking the option key.

The device looks like it is going to restore but itunes always gives me an error message.

Tiny Umbrella is saying that I only have my 4.2.10 shsh saved. Cydia says I have my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 saved.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73