Cydia does show that the apps are installed however they are not working. SbSettings shows up in my list of installed apps but I can not activate it. I have rebooted several times.

Kind of odd
    08-18-2011 08:59 AM
    I have to say that everytime a JBer says they "acidentally" upgraded a devil gets his horns.

Anyway did any of you try to see if you have your SHSH blobs saved? If you were on 4.2.8 and went into Cydia by my understanding just going in the store automatically saves your blobs. So to check click on the link in my signature and read about using Tiny Umbrella to point to Cydia's servers or you can Yahoo "Edit hosts file to point to Cydia servers". Then download the 4.2.8 ipsw and put your device in DFU mode connect it to iTunes hold the shift(Windows) or Option(Mac) key down and click restore. Point to the 4.2.8 ipsw and iTunes will try to restore it, if your blobs are saved it will finish and you can re-JB if they aren't it will say your device isn't eligible for the software.
    c8169 likes this.
    08-18-2011 11:08 AM
    I have to say that everytime a JBer says they "acidentally" upgraded a devil gets his horns.

Anyway did any of you try to see if you have your SHSH blobs saved? If you were on 4.2.8 and went into Cydia by my understanding just going in the store automatically saves your blobs. So to check click on the link in my signature and read about using Tiny Umbrella to point to Cydia's servers or you can Yahoo "Edit hosts file to point to Cydia servers". Then download the 4.2.8 ipsw and put your device in DFU mode connect it to iTunes hold the shift(Windows) or Option(Mac) key down and click restore. Point to the 4.2.8 ipsw and iTunes will try to restore it, if your blobs are saved it will finish and you can re-JB if they aren't it will say your device isn't eligible for the software.
    I know personally I have tried this and it did not work. Cydia says that my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 blobs are saved but when I try to downgrade it will not work.

Is there anything else you can think of to try?
    08-18-2011 11:31 AM

The "accidental upgrade" always makes me laugh as well. Unfortunately my iPhone came installed with 4.2.10, so I had no chance of saving lower blobs, very saddening.
    08-18-2011 12:53 PM
    I can not seem to get this version on my phone. I reboot the device but its not there when it comes back on. Any idea why?
    Not sure, have you deleted all previous versions from the phone. Including SSH into the phone and search for any stored files that may be overriding what gets installed with this version?
    08-18-2011 12:55 PM
    thanks for all the good info.
    08-18-2011 07:14 PM
    problem is i had jailbroken my verizon 4.2.8 and it saved my shsh and was listed on top of the heading
    but my son installed something from cydia without my knowledge and phone wouldnt reboot correctly
    (screen kept freezing) so i used i faith to save my blob and it worked then i restored and it went into a bootloop and it wouldnt exit recovery so i used tiny umbrella and pointed it to cydia and it said that i didnt have my 4.2.8 shsh saved and i guess my blob from ifaith was corrupt so im stuck on 4.2.10 and cant install any apps that use mobile substrate which sucks.
    08-18-2011 07:19 PM
    i just wanna use bite-sms and iblacklist
    08-18-2011 07:20 PM
    I know personally I have tried this and it did not work. Cydia says that my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 blobs are saved but when I try to downgrade it will not work.

Is there anything else you can think of to try?
    How did you try to downgrade? what steps did you do?
    08-18-2011 07:47 PM
    How did you try to downgrade? what steps did you do?
    I went and downloaded the the firmware for the device that I wanted to downgrade to. Downloaded redsn0w mac 0.9.8b4. I also downloaded the latest version of Tiny Umbrella and made sure that my itunes was current.

On my mac I went in and changed the host files to point to Cydia's servers.

I backed up my phone, the proceeded to put it in DFU mode.

Started Tiny Umbrella and clicked "save shsh" and then clicked "start tss server"

I open itunes and it automatically detects that my device is in recovery mode. I hit restore while clicking the option key.

The device looks like it is going to restore but itunes always gives me an error message.

Tiny Umbrella is saying that I only have my 4.2.10 shsh saved. Cydia says I have my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 saved.
    08-18-2011 09:06 PM
    If your stuck without a jailbreak you can use sn0wbreeze (the latest meant for iOS 5b5) to get iOS w/o dev acc & get your jailbreak back. I did it for the jailbreak, not to have ios5. I would go back to 4.2.8, but can't.
    08-19-2011 02:08 PM
    Wow! this is great. i opened up cydia on the 4.2.10 tether jailbreak. and I seen all of my shsh boobs at the top, dated all the way back to 4.2.6. so I found this site and was able to get back to 4.2.8. Jailbreak!
    08-19-2011 03:49 PM
    I went and downloaded the the firmware for the device that I wanted to downgrade to. Downloaded redsn0w mac 0.9.8b4. I also downloaded the latest version of Tiny Umbrella and made sure that my itunes was current.

On my mac I went in and changed the host files to point to Cydia's servers.

I backed up my phone, the proceeded to put it in DFU mode.

Started Tiny Umbrella and clicked "save shsh" and then clicked "start tss server"

I open itunes and it automatically detects that my device is in recovery mode. I hit restore while clicking the option key.

The device looks like it is going to restore but itunes always gives me an error message.

Tiny Umbrella is saying that I only have my 4.2.10 shsh saved. Cydia says I have my 4.2.9 and 4.2.10 saved.
    Try these steps
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Downgrade Your iPhone Firmware Using TinyUmbrella (Mac)
    08-19-2011 04:07 PM
    Wow! this is great. i opened up cydia on the 4.2.10 tether jailbreak. and I seen all of my shsh boobs at the top, dated all the way back to 4.2.6. so I found this site and was able to get back to 4.2.8. Jailbreak!
    Lucky! My only option was to use the latest sn0wbreeze. Cydia didn't have my 4.2.8 shsh blobs. Congrats on getting back to 4.2.8 though.
    c8169 likes this.
    08-19-2011 04:45 PM
    If your stuck without a jailbreak you can use sn0wbreeze (the latest meant for iOS 5b5) to get iOS w/o dev acc & get your jailbreak back. I did it for the jailbreak, not to have ios5. I would go back to 4.2.8, but can't.
    do you have a link walking you how to do this? I don't have a developers account so I am unsure on how to activate my device.
    08-19-2011 04:58 PM
    do you have a link walking you how to do this? I don't have a developers account so I am unsure on how to activate my device.
    would you be on ios5 and how would you get back to ios 4.2.10 to finally upgrade to ios 5 when it comes out
    08-19-2011 05:00 PM
    Yeah. I found a step by step guide. It's pretty easy. I'll find the link.

---
    - Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    08-19-2011 09:27 PM
    http://www.ibad.info/how-to-jailbrea...breeze-v2-8b5/

---
    08-19-2011 09:31 PM
    Make sure you backup your phone and SHSH blobs. Nobody is responsible for breaking your phone but you. (just so I don't get blamed for something going wrong)

Not all tweaks/apps work with iOS 5. Some may break your device.

For example, I'm unable to correctly edit my posts on tapatalk. (missing keyboard, otherwise the app works fine)

Maybe a better guide could be written or there might be a better one laying around.

---
    08-19-2011 09:38 PM
    How To Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 5 with Sn0wbreeze v2.8b5

---

I was able to do this successfully. Thanks.
    08-20-2011 12:39 AM
    I was able to do this successfully. Thanks.
    awesome. Glad you didn't run into any problems.

---
    08-20-2011 06:03 AM
    awesome. Glad you didn't run into any problems.

---
    Yeah... It works well. I downloaded ios 5 beta 5 and now beta 6 is out. lol. I want to try it, but I dont want to lose anything, ya know?!

Have you tried beta 6?

have you seen a working ios 5 working jailbreak app list?
    Last edited by DJQSTORM; 08-20-2011 at 02:21 PM.
    08-20-2011 02:15 PM
    Yeah. I want to go to 6 and I heard it works with sn0wbreeze, but might just sit tight for the time being. Everything seems to be working fine, with the expected glitches of course. Yes, I do run into a list someone had created with working/not working apps/tweaks. I'll have to locate that link again. I do know winter board throws the device into safe mode, for me at least. I remember the list saying dreamboard works... I'll have to grab that link.

---
    08-20-2011 05:05 PM
    Is there a list of working or non working apps on cydia
    08-21-2011 12:00 AM
    Is there a list of working or non working apps on cydia
    Here you go:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...hl=en_US&pli=1

---
    08-21-2011 04:46 AM
112 12345