Activator Alternative

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Looking for something similar to activator, accept with a dialog box.

Ideally, I'd swipe across the status bar, and instead of just SBSetttings (or whatever else comes up) a dialog box comes up (without having to unlock or exit out of the current app) with user defined choices.

So for example, I swipe across the status bar and a dialog box appears. The first option in the dialog box is BiteSMS quick compose, the next is qtweeter, after that is iWhiteBoard, and then an SBSettings button. To compose a text, I hit the BiteSMS button. To open SBSettings, I press that button, etc.

Does that make sense? Are there any apps like this available? Anything that could work together with activator to accomplish this? I like that I can access an app from any place on my phone (with activator), but since I only have about 4-5 things that I'd want to 'quick-activate', I'd rather have one action that brings up a menu, as opposed to 4-5 different actions.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
One word of advice: be sure you're clear about wanting a list of choices and not multiple activations...someone else asked him about using Activator to enable multiple things at once and he was decidedly against it: https://twitter.com/rpetrich/status/97630416281944064

I just tweeted a link to the thread to him, does he usually respond to tweets? Or should I contact him from the email shown in his twitter?

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Heard back from the Activator Dev today, this feature is already included in activator. It's called the menu feature. Open activator from the spring board, and scroll down to menu. Create a new menu and then assign it to an activation method.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Oh, geez...I'd actually played around with that a while back without making the connection to what you were asking. Feeling stupid but glad it worked out for you!

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
And by the way, since it might come up: to delete an action from a custom menu, just swipe across the action name in the list.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal