Top 5 tweaks

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Lets face it. Cydia as great as it is can be difficult to find exactly what you're looking for or something that would be great to have. I've seen top 5 apps and themes but lets focus on tweaks specifically. Try to list what it does and if it costs anything. Hopefully we can all learn something new.

My top 5 so far are:

Fast Copy (removes the delay in time it takes to perform a copy when copy/paste)
Pull to refresh safari (allows you to pull down to refresh like twitter/Facebook)
Popup Blocker (allows you to customize where and when specific popup notifications occur. $.99 with 14 day trial)
Weather Icon (Puts real time temperature on the stock weather app & allows the temperature to be visible in status bar)
Five icon dock (exactly how it sounds)

I'm new to JB so I've only just begun. Looking forward to seeing tons of great suggestions.

****Update****
I know I said 5 but I found another tweak that is a must in my opinion.
StayOpened free tweak that allows you to install AppStore apps and not leave the app store. It installs them in the background!

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Great topic; I've been thinking a lot about this lately with all the great stuff being released as part of TweakWeek. Here are a few of my favorites--and for others adding to the list, a simple way to see if something qualifies as a Tweak is to open Cydia and look in Sections>Tweaks; if it's in there, it counts:

Barrel: Visual effects for your springboard. $2.99
Enhanced Tabs: Lets you open new tabs in background and more. Free
FakeClockUp: Speeds up your UI animations to make your phone seem faster. Free
Lockinfo/Popup Blocker: Amazingly, these are both classified as Tweaks. Essential for keeping your information--email, sms, calendar, etc--organized and available at any time, in any app. $7.99 includes both licenses. 14 day trial available.
Remove Background: Clear out all running background apps, but also set certain apps to stay backgrounded.

There are a ton of great tweaks out there, both paid and free; these were just the first that jumped to my mind...let's hear about some more!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
SMS GV Extension - integrates Google Voice text into the Messages app

Lockinfo - the tweak that Notification Center in iOS 5 sherlock'd as Rene Ritchie says (hope I got the spelling correct)

PandoraSkips unlimited skips in pandora

Activator - assign different actions to button presses and gestures

BiteSMS - ($4.99?) advanced messaging tweak

Last edited:

_alf

Apr 25, 2011
www.europeanag.com
BiteSMS - excellent pop up notifications

Dreamboard - Suprisingly great for themes

SBSettings - fast on/off toggles, RAM notification, etc

MyWi - Internet Tethering

3gUnrestrictor - no more 3g restricitons for apps that depend on wifi for higher fidelity.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
These are my Top 5, lesser known tweaks:

Syncronicity - Use your iDevice while it's syncing!
Bolt - Hide the Battery icon on the status bar. Places a bolt only when charging.
DataDeposit - Backup iOS app data content to Dropbox.
AndroidLock - unlock your iDevice using a specific pattern.
Remove Background - Removes everything from the multitasking bar and kills all processes. Comes with Activator and SBSetting compatibility.

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Backforwardenhancer - holding back or forward buttons in safari brings up recent history

Cydelete - delete Cydia apps from springboard like normal apps

Activator - assign gestures to open apps, etc

Infinifolders - folder scrolling and more than 12 apps per folder

And as mentioned before, SBSettings

Abs

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
All right, call me a stickler, but I think a thread about the best tweaks should be limited to tweaks and not full blown apps. (And to be honest, classifying Lockinfo as a tweak really isn't fair.) In other words, a tweak is something that makes a small change, usually to an existing program or interface--not a full blown app in its own right like BiteSMS, MyWi, or SBSettings.

Obviously that stuff is great, but it would be nice to give the smaller stuff some coverage too. For a look at what's available, check out these links:
Cydia Search | Section | tweaks
Cydia Search | Section | tweak

Last edited:
Reactions: j7469