If I jailbreak my iPhone and unlock it using ultrasn0w will the unlock remove if I upgrade or restore the iPhone? Thanks.
    07-28-2011 04:06 AM
    Yes. Updating or restoring the firmware will remove the JB, including ultrasnow. You also have to be careful of updating the baseband during the process. Ultrasnow only supports certain baseband. Thus, if you use it to unlock, you must never update your baseband.
    07-28-2011 05:10 AM
    You have an iPhone 4 so chances are you can't unlock. You need to check your baseband Settings -> General -> About scroll to Modem Version. Then check it with the basebands which are unlockable. Do a search on here for "basebands" I've posted the unlockable basebands a bunch of times. Also like myzhi said once you unlock if you want to continue unlocked you will need to only use either Pwnage Tool(Mac) or Sn0wbreeze(Windows) to update your firmware. These are the only tools that will leave the baseband alone while upgrading the firmware.
    07-28-2011 12:29 PM
    If I jailbreak my iPhone and unlock it using ultrasn0w will the unlock remove if I upgrade or restore the iPhone? Thanks.
    assuming you are speaking about ur iphone4 with 4.3.3, you cant use ultrasnow to unlock it. GEvey sim will work.
    07-28-2011 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD