Out of Luck I think

lagmefragme

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I jailbroke my friends phone back at 4.2.1. He hasn't upgraded to any new iOS versions. Unfortunately he also hasn't been entering Cydia to save his SHSH blobs.

Is there any way to upgraded to 4.3.3 to use jailbreakme.com.

I'm thinking I'm out of luck and either have the phone goto pure 4.3.4 or use a tethered jailbreak (which I'm not doing for him).

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke my friends phone back at 4.2.1. He hasn't upgraded to any new iOS versions. Unfortunately he also hasn't been entering Cydia to save his SHSH blobs.

Is there any way to upgraded to 4.3.3 to use jailbreakme.com.

I'm thinking I'm out of luck and either have the phone goto pure 4.3.4 or use a tethered jailbreak (which I'm not doing for him).

Correct me if I'm wrong can't you download 4.3.3 Ipsw and use red snow put in dfu and do shift restore and select the 4.3.3 file ?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Correct me if I'm wrong can't you download 4.3.3 Ipsw and use red snow put in dfu and do shift restore and select the 4.3.3 file ?

Yes, you can do that...but without saved blobs, it won't work - it will not activate the device since Apple stopped signing 4.3.3 over a week ago.

The OP is correct... 4.3.4 is the only option... and from there it's either TeamPure or tethered jailbreak.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You can try this I'm not saying it will work for sure I'm a bit rusty on the whole blobs thing and the 3Gs/4 is a whole different beast. You can do a sync and backup of the phone, go and get Pwnage Tool(Mac) on iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and look for the 4.3.3 method. Then create your ipsw with Pwnage Tool if the phone is not unlocked then make sure you run Pwnage Tool in Expert mode and uncheck the "Activate this phone" option. Then follow the instruction to put the phone in DFU mode. Open iTunes and it will tell you there is a device in recovery mode. Then hold down the Option key and click restore and point to the custom firmware that you made. If the process fails nothing will happen to your phone and you could always just put it into DFU mode and restore from your backup.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73