Best Jailbreak for 4.2.8 (Verizon) as of 7/20/11

rion_j

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

Im new here and just bought my first iPhone ever! I'm currently running OS 4.2.8 w/ Verizon. I ran jailbreakme.com on my Ipad and it worked like a charm. I'm curious if this method is recommended for the iPhone or if I should use Redsn0w, etc? I'm also on a MAC so dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

kpxstar9

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

Im new here and just bought my first iPhone ever! I'm currently running OS 4.2.8 w/ Verizon. I ran jailbreakme.com on my Ipad and it worked like a charm. I'm curious if this method is recommended for the iPhone or if I should use Redsn0w, etc? I'm also on a MAC so dont know if that makes a difference or not.

Any help would be appreciated!

redsnow is only for pc. i would use pwnage tool for mac. problem is apple might have stopped signing the 4.2.8 firmware because the 4.2.9 firmware is out (which closed the exploits used in 4.2.8) if thats the case, then you're a little too late to jb the device.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
redsnow is only for pc. i would use pwnage tool for mac. problem is apple might have stopped signing the 4.2.8 firmware because the 4.2.9 firmware is out (which closed the exploits used in 4.2.8) if thats the case, then you're a little too late to jb the device.

There is a mac version of redsn0w: Dev-Team Blog - Tic tac toe... (Update 4), and if the OP already has 4.2.8, then there's no problem and he/she can JB any time they want.

Personally, I used Jailbreakme.com on my 3GS, but I've used redsn0w in the past. If you're comfortable with it, redsn0w is probably the way to go. There have been fewer bugs reported with it than with jbme.com

Make sure you install PDF Patcher 2 to close the exploit and prevent something malicious from happening.

Reactions: rion_j

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2