I'm fairly new at JB, so I'll give a brief hsitory of what I've done. I originally ran jailbreakme.com on my 3GS/CDMA on iOS 4.3.3 with no issues. I then inadvertently run iTunes update and got 4.3.4. Wanting to get my JB back, I ran redsn0w 0.9.8b3 tethered which worked. Then I slowly added products from Cydia. Then while I was deleting some themes (which I added via iPhone Explorer), something went haywire. After booting the phone (with redsn0w) I lost all my iOS icon apps (ie: mail, phone, SMS, maps, settings, etc)! I couldn't even locate them via a search. THEY ARE GONE!!! Now trying to ditch the JB and get back to original iOS won't work via restore. I have tried running reinstall of Cydia. I have tried running TinyUmbrella. Everytime I attempt to do something it goes into the infinite loop or I get the iTunes error 3194.

PLEASE HELP ME. I'M AFRAID THAT I BRICKED THE PHONE!!!!!!
    07-19-2011 10:20 AM
    I have tried running TinyUmbrella. Everytime I attempt to do something it goes into the infinite loop or I get the iTunes error 3194.

PLEASE HELP ME. I'M AFRAID THAT I BRICKED THE PHONE!!!!!!
    First, don't panic as it is pretty hard to brick an iPhone. Here is a good video that I found on YouTube that shows how to correct the 3194 error that you are seeing.
    07-19-2011 10:35 AM
    When in doubt, DFU mode restore.

Plug the phone into the computer.
    Turn off the phone.
    Hold Home and Sleep - do not release it when the Apple logo appears.
    Continue holding both until the Apple disappears.
    Two seconds after the Apple logo disappears, release the Sleep button, continue holding the Home button
    Release the Home button once the computer recognizes "Apple Device (DFU)" or some variation of it.

Run iTunes restore now.
    07-19-2011 11:22 AM
    How do you inadvertently update the phone? First of all you used TinyUmbrella so follow the first link in my signature. Then after you have done that like Wiltron said put the phone in DFU mode and click on restore. This will update the phone to the latest Apple firmware. Stop doing things you think might work this is the easiest way to really mess up the phone. Once you have it on 4.3.4 then you can decide if you want to retry the JB or wait until iOS 5.
    07-19-2011 02:51 PM
    4.3.4 patches the security hole JBme3 uses - If you want to keep your JB, I'd strongly suggest 4.3.3 or lower..
    07-19-2011 03:13 PM
    Thanks for the replies and help. Managed to get it into DFU mode and restore the phone. I think for now I'll be waiting for iOS5 and the new features that it'll have (what I liked on JB except I'll miss theming!).

It was great while I knew you JB, but you're just too finicky of a mistress for me!!
    07-19-2011 09:28 PM
    Thanks for the replies and help. Managed to get it into DFU mode and restore the phone. I think for now I'll be waiting for iOS5 and the new features that it'll have (what I liked on JB except I'll miss theming!).

It was great while I knew you JB, but you're just too finicky of a mistress for me!!
    It's great you just shouldn't have upgraded iOS 5 will be JBen in time giving you the best of two worlds just be patient and next time don't upgrade.
    07-20-2011 07:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD