I am currently running the latest jailbreakme software on my iPhone4, I want to update and leave the jailbreak alone for a while. If I update my phone with the latest Apple Update, will I lose my current text messages, downloaded app store apps, and newly added contacts (the ones since the jailbreak)?

Just curious.

I am new to the jailbreaking scene, want to sync with my Mac to add new music, and back up but I don't want the jailbreak software on my iTunes, I'm sure I'm sounding a bit amateur on this... Can someone please explain... Thanks
    Last edited by iLynn7; 07-16-2011 at 04:41 PM. Reason: also...
    07-16-2011 04:38 PM
    Make a backup first. It should do it automatically when you connect your device to your pc. Then restore and use the backup. All data will be maintained but you will lose your jailbreak and any jailbreak apps that you purchased. You can always get them back if you jailbreak again. Good luck!
    07-16-2011 06:53 PM
    Thank you, I don't know why I'm so nervous, don't want to corrupt my iTunes with the jailbreak.
    07-16-2011 07:19 PM
    Thank you, I don't know why I'm so nervous, don't want to corrupt my iTunes with the jailbreak.
    You should be fine doing just what "jimmers" said. I've had a Verizon iPhone 4 for just over 2 weeks. I used JBM but was unhappy with performance. So, I restored my phone with iTunes. It made a backup first, then I told it to restore, which it did. All of my contacts and text messages were there. Then I jailbroke it again, but using redsn0w instead. My iTunes is fine. I've backed up since then and it works like it should.
    07-17-2011 07:46 AM
    FYI, if you update to the latest apple update you will never be able to use JBM3 again unless you saved your 4.3.3/4.2.8 Blobs.

All the latest apple update does is stop you from Jailbreaking, so I am not sure what value upgrading is...
    07-17-2011 05:59 PM
    FYI, if you update to the latest apple update you will never be able to use JBM3 again unless you saved your 4.3.3/4.2.8 Blobs.

All the latest apple update does is stop you from Jailbreaking, so I am not sure what value upgrading is...
    Ditto that!
    07-18-2011 11:12 AM
    Tkistre, how did you jailbreak your phone again?
    09-05-2011 08:02 PM
    Tkistre, how did you jailbreak your phone again?
    He said in his post that he used redsn0w.
    09-05-2011 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD