Can I restore and re jailbreak.com my VZ iPhone?

Greg G#IM

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The instructions talk about restoring and applying redsnow to fix. Does that mean that the bug in jailbreakme.com is not fixed with a restore? Would prefer to jailbreak and use the fixed jailbreakme.com but don't want a buggy iPhone.

-Greg

p2kart

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
The instructions talk about restoring and applying redsnow to fix. Does that mean that the bug in jailbreakme.com is not fixed with a restore? Would prefer to jailbreak and use the fixed jailbreakme.com but don't want a buggy iPhone.

-Greg

Comex has tweeted that JBM has now been fixed for VZ ip4.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OP are you talking about the BiteSMS and a few other bugs when using JBme.com or are you talking about the exploit that is used in order to JB the device on JBme.com? You can patch the device by going into Cydia once you're JBen and looking for PDF Patcher 2 and you should do this with any JBen phone no matter which method you use. This will close up the exploit, if you reload the OS the exploit will be back since the exploit is in the OS so reloading a fresh OS brings it back.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I JB 2 Verizon iPhone 4's and both had to be restored. Freezing, rebooting, you name it. Gonna use Sn0wbreeze on Monday to re-JB the phones. I've heard it's much much more stable. I've no doubt Comex is a great dev/hacker but Jailbreakme is not ready for primetime, at least not on the Verizon iPhone.

tkistre

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I JB 2 Verizon iPhone 4's and both had to be restored. Freezing, rebooting, you name it. Gonna use Sn0wbreeze on Monday to re-JB the phones. I've heard it's much much more stable. I've no doubt Comex is a great dev/hacker but Jailbreakme is not ready for primetime, at least not on the Verizon iPhone.

I hear you. I had JBM on my iPhone, but took if off yesterday, used redsnOw and now phone runs great. No more freezes, reboots or slow functions. Much more stable...at least at this time.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro