Unlock/3Uk Network question

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have recently jailbroken my phone, and as I am going abroad later in the year (and intend to find a cheaper network to use whilst I am away) have also unlocked it with Ultrasn0w.

I bought this: 3 Micro SIM Card with 3GB Data (Pre-Pay) Deals, #35088 - Expansys.com UK well I bought the 1gb version, but it now claims not to exist.

I put it in my phone whilst switched off, switched on again, nothing. One bar of nothing (I do live in the middle of no where, and I know 3network don't reach as far as me, but I also took it into town where there didn't seem to be any registration of the network).

When I swap out the sim whilst the phone is on, first it says 'invalid sim' but then it jumps to one bar within a minute - but no hint of carrier name or any reception at all.

I realise the sim may be data only, which is fine, I've bought it to test out my unlock. What am I doing wrong though?

I did briefly change the internet set up to the network details, in General/Network/CDN//Cellular Data, but that had no effect.

Is there something I am doing wrong, or have I failed to unlock my phone properly? I will try again tomorrow when I am at work/civilisation/better towers.

I am using the most current iOS official update, and have baseband 4.10.01

I'm new to unlock/Jailbreaking iPhones, so if there is any more information you may need to give me a pointer, please let me know!

Last edited:

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Have you activated/registered the SIM with 3? I'd assume you have to do this, so that they know that specific one is now in use. Pretty sure you can activate via their website.

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Have you activated/registered the SIM with 3? I'd assume you have to do this, so that they know that specific one is now in use. Pretty sure you can activate via their website.

I couldn't find a specific activation portal, the link in the manual that came with the sim defaults to a help page instead. There's a link to send some text/mms settings to the phone, but that message never reached my phone when I took it to an area with mobile reception. I may give them a call and see if that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2