ToneFx Pro problems

jbuck387

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a issue with ToneFX Pro. My problem is only with custom ringtones. My custom email and text tones all work as intended. The custom ringtones I choose end up playing the default and custom tone chosen at the same time when receiving a call. I've double checked my settings and the custom ringtones are set per contact using ToneFX, with default for all non-custom contacts. I do not use the iPhone settings page at all to set ringtones. I am running a Verizon iPhone 4 on iOS version 4.2.8. Thanks for the help, I emailed the developer but they haven't responded at all.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Why not make your own ringtones in iTunes, for free, from your mp3's?

Short version: Trim out a section of an MP3 you want to play (right click > Get Info > one of the tabs has a start and stop on it), convert to AAC using the Advanced > Convert to AAC. That will put the tune in Music\iTunes\iTunes Media (assuming Windows). Change your folder options to show file extensions and change the extension from .m4a to .m4r, put it in iTunes and sync to your phone.

That way you don't have to overwrite any of the existing tones, and it will work on any iPhone.

jbuck387

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I can and have done that before, but that will not customize email and sms tones like ToneFX does, I'm really either looking for a fix for ToneFX or an alternative to the app.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't seem like it would help solve this problem though...OP, do you use BiteSMS? If so, make sure you don't have a tone set in the Bite settings as that might conflict with Tonefxs tones.

pdalerunner

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
I know this is an old post but i found a fix
I created a silent tone using Fl Studio its just blank with no sound.
I added it the same way it was described below through itunes
I set that as my primary In my settings
and shuffled all my tones in tone Fx
That way My phone will play the silent
While tonefx plays the others loud and clear
Hope This helps
make sure your silent tone is full 30 seconds or your tonefx tone will stop playing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW